News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway with most left entrances/exits per mile

Started by bugo, February 18, 2015, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

The utter silliness of building it didn't help.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Bickendan

Striped bass, huh? They are a rare breed -- I've yet to see one in a band or orchestra.

Seems to me that opponents were looking for an excuse to kill the project and capitalized on the failure to proper assess the project's impact on the fish.

Pete from Boston

The tunnel was projected to cost only $2 billion when it got the nod from the Reagan administration.  Sound familiar?

bugo

Here's a sign assembly with 3 left exits in a row

Bickendan

Northbound I-405 in Portland has three (1A Harbor Drive, 3 US 30 west, 4A* US 30 east/I-5 south).

*Exit 4A and B (Kirby Ave) are not numbered in the field as it's the terminal interchange.

KEK Inc.

Quote from: jakeroot on February 18, 2015, 02:20:34 PM
Quote from: Bickendan on February 18, 2015, 01:49:16 PM
Hehe, Mercer. It's always an adventure driving through the Mercer Shuffle.

45th to 520 to Mercer is one of the biggest bottle necks in the state, as far as I'm concerned.

Try the country.  Its the most congested part of I-5 and that includes the Los Angeles area.  It's that bad. 

Mercer itself -- which is what bickendan was referring to -- is a shit show, but hopefully when they finish the intersection with Dexter it will be a little better.  It will be 3 lanes each direction with synced lights til 5th and then 2 lanes each direction through lower Queen Anne. 

iPhone
Take the road less traveled.

Gnutella

I-579 in downtown Pittsburgh has more exits and entrances on the left than it does on the right. It probably wins the contest per mile, though it's only a mile and a half long.

I-376 also has some left exits and entrances past downtown Pittsburgh and on the Fort Pitt Bridge, but that's understandable because there's really nowhere else to put them. The PA 130/Churchill interchange on I-376 has a left exit and entrance for the westbound lanes, but a normal setup (save the short ramps) for the eastbound lanes.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.