News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

U.S. 31 could see $900 million in improvements

Started by nds76, January 30, 2015, 09:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

Indy to South Bend, if it wasn't psychically clear.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jnewkirk77

And they goofed ... there is an interchange at SR 38. My guess is they're talking about 28, but I understood there's one going in there because of the Chrysler transmission plant. Or did I dream that???

theline

Yeah, an interchange will be built at SR-28, so I don't know what the alleged meeting in Tipton is about. The reporter was apparently confused. Perhaps it's about improvements between Tipton and Kokomo or maybe the meeting is just a dream.

bmeiser

Maybe Division Rd? Only thing in the Tipton area I can think of.

silverback1065

The SR 28 interchange should start construction pretty soon.  It would be nice for them to remove the intersection with Division Rd in the future.  Filling in the gaps isn't as important as 6 laning 65 and 70 throughout the state though. 

monty

Quote from: theline on February 02, 2015, 02:05:22 PM
Yeah, an interchange will be built at SR-28, so I don't know what the alleged meeting in Tipton is about. The reporter was apparently confused. Perhaps it's about improvements between Tipton and Kokomo or maybe the meeting is just a dream.

The meeting in Tipton next week is the public hearing for the interchange of US 31 & SR 28.
monty

bmeiser

When is said meeting? I'm interested in attending.

tdindy88

Probably appropriate for this thread, some lawmakers want to raise the speed limit along US 31 from Indy to South Bend. Essentially, the freeway sections around Kokomo and from US 30 to US 20 could go up to 70 MPH, with the rest of the highway raised up to 65 MPH.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/politics/bill-seeks-to-raise-u-s-speed/article_35b17d00-eb78-5ded-9524-3b8cfaa61e4a.html

Also, US 31 apparently connects Indy with Evansville. I'm learning new things every day! :)

theline

^^ I decided the story didn't quite fit this thread, so I started a new one about the same story. Sorry for the duplication.

silverback1065

Quote from: tdindy88 on February 06, 2015, 06:21:24 PM
Probably appropriate for this thread, some lawmakers want to raise the speed limit along US 31 from Indy to South Bend. Essentially, the freeway sections around Kokomo and from US 30 to US 20 could go up to 70 MPH, with the rest of the highway raised up to 65 MPH.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/politics/bill-seeks-to-raise-u-s-speed/article_35b17d00-eb78-5ded-9524-3b8cfaa61e4a.html

Also, US 31 apparently connects Indy with Evansville. I'm learning new things every day! :)

great idea to raise speed limits no one went 60 anyway

monty

Quote from: bmeiser on February 06, 2015, 12:52:43 AM
When is said meeting? I'm interested in attending.

It's Wednesday evening at the Tipton Foundation.  I think it starts at 5PM with an open house followed by public hearing at 6PM.  The Foundation is NW of the INDOT Tipton sub district on the DuPont Pioneer campus.  I found a link: 
http://www.tiptoncountyindiana.us/Special_Information_Page.html
monty

bmeiser

Thanks! I probably won't be able to make that time but I'll try.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.