News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

[On Hold] Fort Worth/Bankhead Hwy Meet

Started by davmillar, July 03, 2019, 08:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Saturday works for you?

March 7
2 (40%)
March 14
2 (40%)
March 21
2 (40%)
March 28
2 (40%)
April 4
2 (40%)
April 18
2 (40%)
None of these :(
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 13, 2019, 08:07:37 PM

davmillar

Quote from: cjk374 on August 03, 2019, 08:32:59 AM
Quote from: dfwmapper on August 02, 2019, 05:32:05 AM
I haven't been active on the forum for the last couple years due to work, but I'm expecting that to ease up soon and I'd be interested in making the trip to the other side of the Metroplex for a meet. The poll is closed so I can't vote, but March 21 or April 4 would be my preferences.

I'd also suggest that anyone making a trip to Fort Worth plan on a stop at either location of Heim Barbecue for some of the best barbecue in Texas. Their house specialty is bacon burnt ends. Get them. Enjoy the highest form to which pork can aspire. Their brisket, ribs, and sausage are also top-notch, but did I mention the bacon burnt ends?

Another site that must be seen....Buc'ees. Located at exit 498 off of I-20 at Terrall, this is a gas station on steroids! 100 gas pumps on their fuel "island". Their store is is huge, offering foods of different types, 2 different flavors of slushies...at the end of each aisle....souvenirs, ice chests, BBQ tools & spices......this place is unreal!

Buc'ees is a TX original, but now has a new location on I-10 in Alabama at the new Foley Beach expressway exit.
There's another one off of 35W in North Fort Worth, so folks interested in clinching 35W and 35E could make a stop there as well.

Since the poll didn't get much traffic and folks have been kinda all over the place, I'm gonna change course a bit and throw together a minisite with a self-guided version of the itinerary. Once it's ready, I'll re-pitch the meet and see what kind of reception it gets.
Try out my puzzle game Interst8 at https://interst8.us

A.J. Bertin

Is this meet still on the table as a possibility for March or April of 2020? We haven't heard anything about it in a while and I'm getting the feeling that it might fall through. If it's looking like this meet won't happen, I'd like to remove it from the list I started of road meet possibilities for 2020.
-A.J. from Michigan

cjk374

Hello davmillar...

Any updates on this meet idea? My wife wants to go so we can eat at a place called Papadeaux's (sp?). So she wants to use the meet as a reason to go here (perhaps Sunday after the meet before we go home).
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: cjk374 on October 19, 2019, 12:50:46 PM
Hello davmillar...

Any updates on this meet idea? My wife wants to go so we can eat at a place called Papadeaux's (sp?). So she wants to use the meet as a reason to go here (perhaps Sunday after the meet before we go home).

Davmiller hasn't been on AAroads since August.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

cjk374

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on October 19, 2019, 10:16:23 PM
Quote from: cjk374 on October 19, 2019, 12:50:46 PM
Hello davmillar...

Davmiller hasn't been on AAroads since August.

Uh-oh. Not good.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

SSOWorld

If that is the case, I'm considering this null and void.  Maybe give it a month or two but my priority has now shifted.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

davmillar

Hello all. Apologies for not responding to those last few replies -- my day job got hectic then and it slipped my mind.

I'm still open to hosting this meet in the future, but with the COVID pandemic mucking up everyone's schedules, I wouldn't dream of trying to schedule anything until there's a vaccine and all the other pending meets settle.
Try out my puzzle game Interst8 at https://interst8.us

US71

Quote from: davmillar on May 20, 2020, 10:28:43 PM
Hello all. Apologies for not responding to those last few replies -- my day job got hectic then and it slipped my mind.

I'm still open to hosting this meet in the future, but with the COVID pandemic mucking up everyone's schedules, I wouldn't dream of trying to schedule anything until there's a vaccine and all the other pending meets settle.

Likely for the best. Ft Worth isn't going anywhere ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.