News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Has Sickies Garage Made It Near You?

Started by roadman65, January 27, 2024, 06:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I just heard from a user that this place has some great road shields, especially the one in Orlando.

I see they're a small chain but have scattered locations throughout the Central Plains.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hotdogPi

There's actually enough of a demand for road signs to stay in business?

What else do they sell?
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 35, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

Lowest untraveled: 25

Max Rockatansky

The only Sickies Garage I've ever seen was a burger place in Las Vegas.

freebrickproductions

Quote from: 1 on January 27, 2024, 06:17:14 PM
There's actually enough of a demand for road signs to stay in business?

What else do they sell?

It looks like they're a restaurant:
https://sickiesburgers.com/locations/

I'm guessing the shields are used as wall decor.
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

CtrlAltDel

I don't know if I'd eat at a place called Sickies.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

SectorZ

The name sounds like some bad rapcore/nu metal album from the early 2000's.

ZLoth

There is one in Irving and one in Fort Worth.... just a good drive away from me.
I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

gonealookin

I've been to the one in Vegas; it's in a big shopping mall at the south end of the strip near I-15 and I-215.

It's a fairly standard burgers and beer place with the old-time garage theme.  Ford's Garage is basically identical.  Those are mostly in Florida and I've been to one in the Fort Myers area.  Don't specifically recall if they have shields but the decor is certainly car-themed.

epzik8

We'll never be deserving of a place like that here.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: gonealookin on January 28, 2024, 12:24:16 PM
I've been to the one in Vegas; it's in a big shopping mall at the south end of the strip near I-15 and I-215.

It's a fairly standard burgers and beer place with the old-time garage theme.  Ford's Garage is basically identical.  Those are mostly in Florida and I've been to one in the Fort Myers area.  Don't specifically recall if they have shields but the decor is certainly car-themed.

Incidentally, I have been to that Ford's garage. I was at a nearby hotel for a conference.
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

hbelkins

Sounds similar to Quaker Steak & Lube.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Road Hog

There's a restaurant up in Sherman called MG's which is in a remodeled full-service station with antique pumps and bay doors, and all kinds of car memorabilia. Their menu is car-related as well — my favorite is the "Carburetor" which is burger patties, no bun with a salad on the side (get it?)

TheHighwayMan3561

It took me a while to find it but I ate at one in Grand Forks back in 2017 that only made it about two years in business.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Road Hog

Looked at the menu and doesn't look bad. But as alluded to before, lots of car-themed eateries out there.

Road Hog

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on January 27, 2024, 08:34:41 PM
I don't know if I'd eat at a place called Sickies.
You'd probably still eat at the Bubonic Grill if Bubonic was styled in a cute cursive font and they had Flea Flicker nachos.

Henry

Neither Chicago nor Seattle has it, so the answer is no.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: hbelkins on January 29, 2024, 02:01:03 PM

That name is false advertising! You can get a steak, but not lube.

roadman65

Quote from: Road Hog on January 29, 2024, 06:32:57 PM
Looked at the menu and doesn't look bad. But as alluded to before, lots of car-themed eateries out there.

True but do many post Route shields up on the wall in great amounts.?

I've seen some restaurants do that, but not a whole lot of them. Just a couple here and there.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

JayhawkCO

dlsterner

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on January 30, 2024, 04:24:52 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on January 29, 2024, 02:01:03 PM

That name is false advertising! You can get a steak, but not lube.

I dunno ... depends on how greasy the fries and onion rings are ...

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.