News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 395 North Valleys project in Reno

Started by roadfro, November 16, 2023, 12:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadfro

NDOT started work this week on a major multi-year project along US 395 in Reno, aimed to increase capacity and operations on the freeway in the growing North Valleys region.

The overall project will improve the four-mile stretch from N. McCarran Blvd to Stead Blvd. Major improvements include:
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

The Ghostbuster

Will this portion of the US 395 corridor be brought up to Interstate Standards, even though it will never become part of Nevada's Interstate 580 (due to California's Interstate 580)?

pderocco

Maybe it will be part of I-11.

<ducks>

roadfro

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 16, 2023, 05:30:23 PM
Will this portion of the US 395 corridor be brought up to Interstate Standards, even though it will never become part of Nevada's Interstate 580 (due to California's Interstate 580)?

It mostly already is. The northbound direction currently has inadequate shoulders, because NDOT shoehorned in a third lane years ago (I think a makeshift climbing lane expansion, which probably helped capacity when they did it). I haven't seen any plans, but I gotta imagine that they're going to make this more legit since they are widening and repaving anyway.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

US 395

It's nice that NDOT is finally getting the expansion going. Definitely much needed. Probably would've preferred eight through lanes to futureproof the road a bit and handle the residential and industrial developments but six is better than nothing

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.