News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

"Gaming" threads

Started by froggie, May 23, 2009, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

Given the popularity of the "gaming" threads on the old forum, I'd suggest including a category/sub-category for such...or just annotate that they could go under General Highway Talk or Off-Topic.

Alps

Not every thread popular on the old forum really has a place in a roads newsgroup.  Games like "guess the highway", for example, would certainly be appropriate here, and I would suggest General Highway Talk.  But a lot of the games were completely off-topic, not even road-related like the Off-Topic section (i.e. license plates).

Scott5114

In other words, the omission was intentional :P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SSOWorld

AlpsROADS summed it up best.  We have the "Guess the infrastucture, etc" thread that we intended to combine all the separate threads into one - we felt that it got carried away, but no fun would be Bush league. 

Highway/Bridge/Tunnel related game - stick it in General Highway Talk
otherwise put it in Off-Topic.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Chris

I don't participate in those game threads, but I think they should be in the off-topic forum.  :spin: That way Highway Talk can be about threads like "what's your gas mileage", or "how many interstates have you clinched", or "which roads need an overhaul" etc.

mightyace

Quote from: Chris on May 24, 2009, 10:06:50 AM
I don't participate in those game threads, but I think they should be in the off-topic forum.  :spin: That way Highway Talk can be about threads like "what's your gas mileage", or "how many interstates have you clinched", or "which roads need an overhaul" etc.

I tend to agree with Chris.  The "games" should probably be in one forum so that they are easy to find and off-topic seems to make the most sense.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.