News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

IA: I-80/I-380/US 218 interchange project

Started by Revive 755, September 10, 2009, 11:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

froggie

IMO, that's overkill.  The only ramp that really needs a flyover is the SB 380 to EB 80 movement.  If you wanted to eliminate the loop weaves, you could add a NB 218 to WB 80 flyover for reciprocity, but flyovers in all 4 quadrants is too much.

mgk920

MAN!

:wow:

If IADOT can just focus some of that attention to US 151 from Cedar Rapids/I-380 to the Wisconsin state line, along with upgrades to US 20 and US 61 in the Dubuque area....

:poke:

Mike

Revive 755

It certainly would be nice if they would rebuild the East Mixmaster (I-35/I-80/I-235) interchange in Des Moines to the same level.

Fredddie

The East Mixmaster was reconstructed after I-235 reconstruction was finished.  EB I-235 and SB I-35 now go straight through.  The cloverleaves didn't move, so the old road is still there for exit ramps.

Revive 755

Quote from: Revive 755 on September 11, 2009, 01:21:59 PM
It certainly would be nice if they would rebuild the East Mixmaster (I-35/I-80/I-235) interchange in Des Moines to the same level.

A high level upgrade of the East Mixmaster was apparently looked at.  Notice the interchange in the map on the upper right of this webpage:
http://www.hdrinc.com/13/38/1/default.aspx?projectID=402

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.