News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

College Logos Gone on Wichita Freeways

Started by roadman65, September 17, 2021, 04:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

I noticed that the logo of Wichita State University is been removed from all guides on I-135 and on US 54.   Did the state object to these on highway guides, for them to be removed? Instead now you have an off center guide as the left side is blank from the former logo position on the guide.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

SectorZ

Ned Weasel

Quote from: roadman65 on September 17, 2021, 04:00:18 PM
I noticed that the logo of Wichita State University is been removed from all guides on I-135 and on US 54.   Did the state object to these on highway guides, for them to be removed? Instead now you have an off center guide as the left side is blank from the former logo position on the guide.

I've seen signs all over Kansas that were supposed to have college/university logos on the left side, but where the logo remained absent for so long that I just stopped noticing.

Here's one example: https://goo.gl/maps/T9ssLyLt9pbrmdGC6
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

bwana39

Quote from: roadman65 on September 17, 2021, 04:00:18 PM

More likely people stole them.  They now adorn a dorm or frat house wall.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.