News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

A-73 expansion

Started by Hellfighter, March 14, 2009, 03:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfighter

Does anyone know when or if they're going to expand A-73 south of St. Georges to US-201 and to the north, a possible interchange with A-70?

un1

The unofficial extension website:  http://www.geocities.com/autoroute73/highway.html

Well to A-70 maybe a few decades according to my Quebec map.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

Alps

Unlikely to ever head north to A-70.  70 will likely always be an orphaned Autoroute due to the limited traffic volumes there.  The twinning work on PR-175 is more due to safety because there are low volumes; it won't be to freeway standards, won't follow the whole route, and I do not believe it will carry the A-73 designation.  I find it interesting that A-70 and A-85 (future) are basically the same route and yet one is E-W and one is N-S because of how the GaspĂ© Peninsula skews directions.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.