News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

TRIVIA NIGHT results and host registration

Started by Alps, December 07, 2012, 09:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corco

Aw lame, I'll be en route to Lethbridge on the 30th. I'll live though.

hotdogPi

You can't bring your computer or phone with you and get online? If someone else is in the car, he can drive while you do trivia. If you can't seem to get online, you could stop at a restaurant with Wi-Fi where you can do trivia and dinner at the same time.

(By the way, I won't be there because it seems to be adult chat, and I'm 14 years old. I also would end up with a negative score since most of what I know is New England, and I'm not good with the rest of the country.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Molandfreak

Quote from: 1 on August 28, 2013, 03:25:31 PM
(By the way, I won't be there because it seems to be adult chat, and I'm 14 years old. I also would end up with a negative score since most of what I know is New England, and I'm not good with the rest of the country.)
Trivia isn't as vulgar as the normal roads chat; believe me, I was 17 when I started chatting in that room.

Also, you never know what questions are on there. I encourage you to try your luck on friday, you seem to know a lot. :nod:
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

agentsteel53

Quote from: Molandfreak on August 28, 2013, 04:09:43 PM

Trivia isn't as vulgar as the normal roads chat;

yeah it's been a lot more civilized ever since we banned Penis Bob.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

corco

You can't bring your computer or phone with you and get online? If someone else is in the car, he can drive while you do trivia. If you can't seem to get online, you could stop at a restaurant with Wi-Fi where you can do trivia and dinner at the same time.

Yeah, I'm driving from Deer Lodge to Lethbridge non-stop after work stopping only in Great Falls to swap for a rental car and have to get up at 6 AM the next morning so A) I'm driving and B) I'm already not going to get to Lethbridge until 11 PM or so- detouring for a couple hours for trivia isn't gonna happen.

Alps

Quote from: Molandfreak on August 28, 2013, 03:09:59 PM
Important: I am sick with a fever. Trivia will be Friday the 30th.
Shit yo, I'm gonna be way up in Maine, eh? so I'm out.

Alps

The chat is uncensored. I'll come out and say that we didn't know much about you, but we didn't think you were actually who you said you were. If you are, my and our apologies, and we'll watch our language more when you're around.

Molandfreak

Steve and Corco, are you able to come next wednesday? I remember it was postponed last month because Corco and I couldn't come.
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

agentsteel53

Quote from: Steve on August 28, 2013, 08:52:15 PM
The chat is uncensored. I'll come out and say that we didn't know much about you, but we didn't think you were actually who you said you were. If you are, my and our apologies, and we'll watch our language more when you're around.

it's someone famous?  Beyonce?  Robert Moses? 
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: Molandfreak on August 28, 2013, 09:16:50 PM
Steve and Corco, are you able to come next wednesday? I remember it was postponed last month because Corco and I couldn't come.
Wednesday is okay, as is any day that's not going to have massive amounts of people doing Labor Day things. So let's plan for something next week.

Thing 342

Next week sounds fine. I'll be in Las Vegas until Labor Day, so I wouldn't have been able to make Friday the 30th.

Molandfreak

Resolved: The new date for trivia is Saturday, September 7. 20:00 central seems like the average time, so I'll go with that.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Molandfreak

My google docs recently crashed. I've managed to restore 26 questions, but it still may be a short night. Is this ok or should I postpone again?

corco

Oh shit, I forgot it was tonight. Nah, go ahead and do it and then make up what you can as you go along. I'm going to the store right now to get some beer, flipz, ice, and chew and I should be there on time

Molandfreak

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

corco

Heh, I read that as 8 eastern, so I'm back with plenty of time to spare!

corco

It looks like we're going to have a good turnout tonight Moland...so I hope you're working on resurrecting lost questions!

Alps

Quote from: Molandfreak on September 07, 2013, 07:44:21 PM
My google docs recently crashed. I've managed to restore 26 questions, but it still may be a short night. Is this ok or should I postpone again?
Yeah, get as many questions as you can. We'll see how we like Saturday trivia.

Molandfreak

RESULTS:

1. 6
AlpsRoads: 3
NE2: 13
Quillz: 2
Corco: 4
JWags: 1
KJ3400: -1
Thing 342: 5

kj3400

Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

Quillz

Oh, I thought I got more than two points.

Fun, will do it again if I have time.

Alps

Quote from: Molandfreak on September 08, 2013, 12:00:37 AM
RESULTS:

1. 6
AlpsRoads: 3
NE2: 13
Quillz: 2
Corco: 4
JWags: 1
KJ3400: -1
Thing 342: 5

Re: question 1, these signs are probably gone now, but there you have VA 381.

Laura

Yay, I host next!

Considering that the August trivia happened in September, would it be too soon for me to host trivia at the end of the month? I'm looking at Wednesday, September 25th at 9 pm EST.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.