TRIVIA NIGHT results and host registration

Started by Alps, December 07, 2012, 09:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

corco

NEXT TRIVIA NIGHT WILL BE:

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH 2014 A.D. AT 7:00 P.M. MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME

(9:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME, 10:30 PM NEWFOUNDLAND STANDARD TIME)

Be there, or don't.

Alps

Quote from: corco on January 23, 2014, 11:51:12 PM
NEXT TRIVIA NIGHT WILL BE:

WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 19TH 2014 A.D. AT 7:00 P.M. MOUNTAIN STANDARD TIME

(9:00 PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME, 10:30 PM NEWFOUNDLAND STANDARD TIME)

Be there, or don't.
3:00 PM THE NEXT DAY NEW ZEALAND TIME

corco

YOUR FRIENDLY ALL CAPS REMINDER-

TRIVIA TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7 PM MOUNTAIN/9 EASTERN

BE THERE OR RISK DEATH.

corco

60 MINUTES (1 HOUR) UNTIL TRIVIA TIME.

YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.

vtk

Quote from: corco on February 19, 2014, 08:00:00 PM
60 MINUTES (1 HOUR) UNTIL TRIVIA TIME.

YOU HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED.

I AM JOR-EL, MASTER OF SCHEDULING.

Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

corco

IT IS NOW TRIVIA TIME.

PLEASE ENTER THE CHAT-ROOM AT ONCE.

REGARDS,
LUIS NUNEZ

corco

THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING:

FINAL SCORES:

Thing    342-4
Sconsin (SSOWorld, seriously guys, call him Sconsin)   -3
74/171FAN   -3
sammi   -1
Yanksfan1629   0
Dr Frankenstein 0
Doug   1
Big John   2
Molandfreak 9
Alps    18
NE2 23

NE2 wins again!

Estas fueran las preguntas:
Dead Presidents   What is the closest interstate highway to Ike Eisenhower's burial location?
Missouri   Missouri's second Diverging Diamond Interchange was constructed at this freeway's interchange with Mid Rivers Mall Dr
Minnesota/Wisconsin   This multistate highway connects Brunswick, MN to Florence, WI
Wyoming   This Wyoming state highway is the only Wyoming state highway to leave the state of Wyoming
Olympics (Closest Guess)   What is the number of the E-Road that runs nearest to the Olympic Stadium in Sochi?
British Columbia   With four different lettered suffixes, this  highway has the most uniquely-lettered suffixed routes
U.S. Routes   US 136's western terminus is in what state?
Designations   The Grand Army of the Republic Highway carries what U.S. Route designation for its entire length?
Photographs   In what state was this photo taken?
U.S. Routes   This is the only U.S. Route to only enter California and Oregon
Alberta   What is the lowest numbered highway in Alberta?
Tripoints   The Oklahoma/Missouri/Kansas tri-point lies closest to these two US highways (answer both, one point)
Quebec   Quebec Route 257 transitions into what US Highway at the border?
New Mexico   New Mexico has several U.S. Route concurrencies. What is the highest number of concurrent US routes at one time?
BONUS   What are the routes? Guess one at a time
Florida   This intrastate U.S. Route is also the closest U.S. Route to Walt Disney World
Connecticut   This interstate highway is the closest interstate highway as the crow flies to the dome of the state capital.
Idaho   Idaho Highway 75 used to carry what U.S. Route designation
Kentucky   The Purchase Parkway parallels what U.S. Route from Fulton to Mayfield?
Washington   Washington has  one highway signed as a loop. What highway is that?
Ontario   What is the maximum speed in kilometers per hour (integer) that a person could theoretically drive in Ontario without risking having their car mandatorily impounded?
Louisiana   What two-digit interstate has the fewest miles in Louisiana?
Philadelphia   What U.S. Route has the most miles in Pennsylvania?
BONUS   Closest Guess: How many miles
Mary-land   The Patuxent Freeway carries this route number
Maine   The Penobscot Narrows Bridge in Maine carries US 1 and what State Route?
Oklahoma   This current U.S. Route was realigned to accommodate Keystone Lake
Time Zones (Closest Guess)   How many miles west from the Google-defined end of the northbound I-59 ramp to I-24 west would one have to travel on I-24 to enter the Central Time Zone? (round to the nearest tenth)
Utah   This U.S. Highway travels north from Provo through the Provo Canyon towards Heber City, where it has a technically incorrect "end" sign as it approaches U.S. 40
Ohio   Ohio State Route 833 is a former alignment of what highway?
Photographs   In what state was this photo taken?
BONUS   What state route is that sign on?
Oregon   Due to the fear of sign theft, Oregon Highway 69 in Eugene is signed with what Oregon Route number?
Virginia   The only piece of unpaved primary highway in Virginia falls along what route?
Texas/Mexico   Interstate 2 generally parallels this Mexican Federal Highway
Come to the St Louis Meet   What state highway intersects I-55/I-70 at Exit 11
Arizona   This interstate highway is designated at the Purple Heart Trail throughout Arizona
Georgia   Georgia SR 515  is a part of which Appalachian Development Corridor
North Dakota/Montana   This multistate highway is the extreme primary northern east-west highway in the parts of the states that it crosses
West Virginia   West Virginia Highway 41 used to carry what U.S. Route designation
New Jersey   Bunker Hill Rd in Somerset County carries what County Route designation?
U.S. Routes   Please list the five highest numbered current U.S. Routes in descending order
U.S. Routes   Please list the US Highways in South Dakota that cross the Missouri River
Interstates   From west to east, what currently-signed two digit interstates intersect the 44th parallel north

Salud,
Luis A. Nunez

Alps

I got the next triv. How do people feel about Thursday, 3/20?

corco

I feel like I'll be exhausted from St Louis but stoked on life, so let's roll with it

vtk

Feel free to reuse my picture of Jor-El, Master Of Scheduling next time you want to announce the imminent commencement of trivia.

bugo

Quote from: corco on February 19, 2014, 11:02:58 PM
THANK YOU ALL FOR PARTICIPATING:

FINAL SCORES:

Thing    342-4
Sconsin (SSOWorld, seriously guys, call him Sconsin)   -3
74/171FAN   -3
sammi   -1
Yanksfan1629   0
Dr Frankenstein 0
Doug   1
Big John   2
Molandfreak 9
Alps    18
NE2 23

NE2 wins again!

I would be interested to know what kind of internet connection that everybody who took part in the chat tonight had.  I only have DSL and I was lagging like a motherfucker.  I started to play trivia, but I would hit the enter key as soon as I read a question (and I read extremely fast) and by the time my X got to the screen the "first" person to ring had already been called on.  This chat is a shit venue for trivia.  Is there a freeware trivia program that we could get?

vtk

Quote from: bugo on February 20, 2014, 08:37:04 AM
Is there a freeware trivia program that we could get?

IRC is still a thing.

Really though, I'm pretty sure people's connection speeds aren't a factor.  Network latency (not bandwidth) may be a factor, but so could a number of client-side issues.

bugo

If I hadn't been lagging I would have come in second, as I got 19 correct answers. 

bugo

Quote from: vtk on February 20, 2014, 09:53:40 AM

IRC is still a thing.

Really though, I'm pretty sure people's connection speeds aren't a factor.  Network latency (not bandwidth) may be a factor, but so could a number of client-side issues.

*Something* is causing lag.  Whether it's on my end, aaroads' end, or somewhere in the middle, some of our internet connections just aren't as fast as others.

Alps

Quote from: bugo on February 20, 2014, 06:41:56 PM

IRC is still a thing.

*Something* is causing lag.  Whether it's on my end, aaroads' end, or somewhere in the middle, some of our internet connections just aren't as fast as others.
This was a problem on IRC as well. The last iteration of chat was the only one where it seemed to be less of an issue, but that had security holes that could hide a whale.

vtk

Quote from: Alps on February 20, 2014, 07:20:21 PM
Quote from: bugo on February 20, 2014, 06:41:56 PM

IRC is still a thing.

This was a problem on IRC as well. The last iteration of chat was the only one where it seemed to be less of an issue, but that had security holes that could hide a whale.

I've studied the IRC protocol, and if you're dealing with a single server (rather than a network with multiple servers) and that server isn't so busy as to put a strain on its resources, IRC should have minimal latency.  I don't think any other platform which relies on TCP could improve on that.

Alps

Quote from: Alps on February 19, 2014, 11:07:16 PM
I got the next triv. How do people feel about Thursday, 3/20?
Thursday, 3/20 it is.

Zeffy

I've never actually been inside the AARoads chatroom. Maybe I'll swing-by sometime to see what it's like. I would participate in trivia.. but I don't think I would do well. At all.  :no:
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

sammi

Quote from: Zeffy on February 20, 2014, 11:16:53 PM
I've never actually been inside the AARoads chatroom. Maybe I'll swing-by sometime to see what it's like. I would participate in trivia.. but I don't think I would do well. At all.  :no:
I tried last night actually... Well I was there, but only to watch, not necessarily to answer questions. And the only one I tried to answer (see the Ontario question), I got wrong. :P Oh well.

Molandfreak

I was horrible at trivia when I started out, but I got better the more games I played ;-)
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

hotdogPi

I tried once. Even though I don't know a lot about roads compared to other people in the whole country (I only know New England and New York for the most part), I came in second with 6 points. I had to leave early, too. I never lost any points for a wrong answer, which probably helped.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Laura

Quote from: bugo on February 20, 2014, 06:41:06 PM
If I hadn't been lagging I would have come in second, as I got 19 correct answers.

What was your actual score? Corco didn't mention you in the list.

I've encountered the same problem as you, Bugo, and think its because people start buzzing in before they read the question! (I don't know enough about roads as a whole to do that.)

iPhone

corco

Alps

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.