News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Greetings from SE New England

Started by Dan, March 12, 2016, 09:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

After years of random Google searches leading me to this board, I figured I'd better join before I get drafted.
My mom's family home in JP was slated to be taken for I-95. Growing up and traveling around Massachusetts I got curious about that big strip of pavement into the Canton woods, the barricades on US 1 in Revere and US 6 in Dennis. Last year I purchased my first home in RI....some quick research showed me that it is right in the path of the cancelled I-895's alternate route up RI 136.
Roadgeeking is in my veins.

hotdogPi

Welcome from northeastern Massachusetts (very close compared to the rest on this forum)!
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

SignGeek101

Welcome from partly cloudy and warm Winnipeg!

KEVIN_224

Connecticut had it's own list of cancelled expressways (I-84 to Providence, anyone?). Welcome to the forums! :)

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

noelbotevera

Welcome from south central Pennsylvania!

I'm a little behind on welcoming members, lol. Giving Great Lakes Road a welcome too.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

paulthemapguy

Welcome to the forum!  I just took my first jaunt through Rhode Island last October.  My friend insisted in stopping to see the weird blue fly for Blue Bug Solutions, referenced in Dumb & Dumber.  That was over in Providence's west side.  Again, welcome!
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

KEVIN_224

That'd be for New England Pest Control, along I-95 in Providence. You can NOT miss that damn thing. Trust me! :)

Pete from Boston

Quote from: paulthemapguy on March 12, 2016, 11:18:24 PM
Welcome to the forum!  I just took my first jaunt through Rhode Island last October.  My friend insisted in stopping to see the weird blue fly for Blue Bug Solutions, referenced in Dumb & Dumber.  That was over in Providence's west side.  Again, welcome!

Sir, that is a termite, not a fly.  His name is Nibbles Woodaway.

JakeFromNewEngland

Welcome from SW New England! Rhode Island is a beautiful state, love the beaches there.

Alex

Welcome to the board!

I have several maps in my collection showing I-895 proposed, but none with interchange ramp level detail. Kind of neat knowing you bought a place that was once in the proposed right of way. #lifeofaroadgeek

wolfiefrick

Welcome from overcast St. Louis!

jbnati27

ModernDayWarrior

Welcome from southeast Missouri!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.