News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Ghosts of the past

Started by roadman65, May 14, 2014, 08:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fords/@40.526636,-74.264594,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s_Q0IdUjUxNDPr6Y88iaaSg!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x89c3b5e1cb44356f:0x7185a0b7b403920
Here is an abandoned sign bridge on State Street in Perth Amboy, NJ that once had a ramp to NJ 440 SB.  Now the entrance to NJ 440 SB is on the next street over to the east on High Street.

Any other relics that tell the story of once was out there.  Yes I know plenty of them are out there, but anyone want to share any?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

froggie

dgolub

Both termini of the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway (NY 135) on Long Island have "highway from nowhere" entrances because it was supposed to be extended north to the (unbuilt) Oyster Bay Bridge and south to the Wantagh Parkway.  There's a similar setup with the eastern terminus of the Long Island Expressway (I-495) in Riverhead, since it was supposed to be extended out to Mattituck or Orient Point.

jakeroot

US 99 BGS at a ramp to the Alaskan Way Viaduct. It's still there. First & Columbia.

roadman65

Quote from: froggie on May 15, 2014, 08:33:20 AM
To me, seems related to this thread.
I thought about posting there, but the way some people are on this forum about unrelated stuff.  Some may say that because the stub in my OP is covered in grass would not qualify.  In turn I started another thread just to play safe.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Pete from Boston

US 1 signs still abound along the former ROW on Boston parkways.  Which is great because once you lose track of those, you're smack in the middle of some very confusing areas to be lost in.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.