News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The BEST Transportation Agency in the U.S.

Started by JoePCool14, May 18, 2014, 12:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsman

Quote from: Henry on May 19, 2014, 03:39:47 PM
I'm going with Caltrans, mainly because of their well thought-out routing method (no duplicate routes, unless they're a continuation of each other, like I-110 and CA 110). Also, the major freeway/expressway/bridge projects have resulted in the roads involved being better off than they were before, though the traffic jams are another story.

I agree with the sentiment that the old Caltrans had all of these things.  However, the new Caltrans Dist. 7 policy of getting rid of Freeway names, and Control Cities puts them near the bottom.

Of all the states, I've been to, I think Florida has the best DOT.  All the signage was very clear and consistent.

hbelkins

As far as signage goes, I like Iowa. I like the fact that they still use square markers for three-digit routes. I hate their arrows, though.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

DevalDragon

I'm not a big fan of ISTHA ever since they doubled the tolls (OK - only 87.75% increase). The only changes I've seen are a lot of new, ugly, pointless signs with the yellow "Toll" banner on them and a lot of new (pointless) construction - like the Elgin O'Hare expressway that will (still) not go to O'Hare because the terminals are on the wrong side of the airport.

DevalDragon

To be more positive, I would like to throw out OTC as the best transportation agency. Sure the Ohio Turnpike is not scenic or fancy, but it is well maintained and has the nicest travel plazas of any toll road I have visited so far. Driving it is easy and there is seldom a lot of traffic, save for severe weather or construction.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.