News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Famous Vehicle Sightings In The Wild...

Started by thenetwork, May 23, 2014, 07:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on May 26, 2014, 10:31:44 AMI've also seen the Street View car twice, but on different days.

Three times now :sombrero:. The latest was yesterday at 7:00 a.m. Eastern.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hbelkins

Rich Piehl posted on Facebook that he saw a car with no signs, but a telltale camera array, go by his house yesterday. The popular speculation was that it was Bing's vehicle.

(Not sure if Rich is a member here or not. If he is, I don't know his nym.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

doorknob60

I've seen the Google Street View car 2 or 3 times. I found it parked at a grocery store in Bend and got a picture. Also passed it somewhere along US-97 south of Bend, and on a local street in Bend.

jbnv

Saw the Pikachu car in person.

I have also seen the Weinermobile on the road.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

SSOWorld

Quote from: formulanone on May 27, 2014, 06:07:51 PM

Quote from: allniter89 on May 27, 2014, 02:30:58 AM
The Goodyear blimp flew past my home a few months ago. It was very very loud. I heard it coming 7 minutes before it flew by. Didnt get a picture tho, Mrs Allniter misplaced my camera :pan:

I used to work in Pompano Beach, Florida; so it was a very common sight during the winter and spring months, to the point where I didn't even think of that! I even saw it about an hour before it crashed back in 2005.
I've seen a couple GY Blimps last year - one near LA Harbor/Long Beach and one over Dodger Stadium.

For those asking if the Prez was on Marine One?  Here's a tip.  If the president is not on Marine One, the vehicle is not Marine One. (same for the other vehicles). ;)
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

jbnv

Quote from: SSOWorld on June 13, 2014, 05:01:20 PM
For those asking if the Prez was on Marine One?  Here's a tip.  If the president is not on Marine One, the vehicle is not Marine One. (same for the other vehicles). ;)

They should have a "Marine One" magnetic sign that they can just slap on there as needed so that people won't be confused about this any more.  :spin:
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

briantroutman

Quote from: hbelkins on June 11, 2014, 12:44:43 PM
Rich Piehl posted on Facebook that he saw a car with no signs, but a telltale camera array, go by his house yesterday. The popular speculation was that it was Bing's vehicle.

Of course they might not have a standardized fleet, but I ran into Bing street view vehicles around San Francisco, three separate times on the same day. They were all identical, current-generation RAV4s with Bing logos on the doors.

jfs1988

Scooby and the gang were on their way to solve a mystery on Easter Sunday this year. I saw the Mystery Machine traveling along the HOV/Carpool lane of the 60 freeway eastbound in Riverside, California. Too bad I got caught on the small traffic jam that builds itself right after merging from the transition ramp of the 215 freeway. The right 2 lanes end too soon.

It was a Volkswagen bus (van), which ended production last year after all these decades.

Laura

When I used to work in downtown Baltimore, I spotted Brad Paisley's tour bus and entourage coming down I-395.

spooky

Quote from: briantroutman on June 13, 2014, 06:22:57 PM

Of course they might not have a standardized fleet, but I ran into Bing street view vehicles around San Francisco, three separate times on the same day. They were all identical, current-generation RAV4s with Bing logos on the doors.

I ran into a bing camera car on Sunday morning, it was a current-generation RAV4 with a bing logo on the door.

hbelkins

I would love to have a job driving a Bing or Google map car.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Scott5114

Quote from: spooky on June 16, 2014, 07:36:07 AM

I ran into a bing camera car on Sunday morning, it was a current-generation RAV4 with a bing logo on the door.

Hopefully not literally! Though that would make for some pretty entertaining Street View imagery...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

spooky

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 16, 2014, 06:56:41 PM
Quote from: spooky on June 16, 2014, 07:36:07 AM

Hopefully not literally! Though that would make for some pretty entertaining Street View imagery...

Haha no. It was making a left hand turn at a 4-way intersection, which made me think it wasn't taking pictures.

bing101

Well there is

That was me I saw an unmarked Bing Maps or subcontractor of Google Maps driving around Fairfield and Vallejo, for many GPS services out there. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.