News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Most counties a US Route travels within one state

Started by roadman65, June 11, 2014, 11:02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

getemngo

Quote from: GaryV on June 12, 2014, 08:38:49 PM
Quote from: getemngo on June 12, 2014, 05:29:38 PM
Michigan's highest is US 31, with 14 counties (just barely entering Cheboygan before its northern terminus), followed by US 23 and US 131 at 13 each. I don't think any past route has gone higher. US 27 may have also been 14 if it entered Emmet County, which I don't think it did.
At various times, US-27 and US-31 both went into the UP, but only in Mackinac County.  And US-27 would have been in Emmet County on the approaches to the Mackinac Bridge.  That makes 15 for each of them.

I was counting Mackinac for US 27:

• Branch
  • Calhoun
  • Eaton
  • Ingham
  • Clinton
  • Gratiot
  • Isabella
  • Clare
  • Roscommon
  • Crawford
  • Otsego
  • Cheboygan
  • Emmet
  • Mackinac

...but you're right about US 31. I forgot it once entered the UP. Oops!
~ Sam from Michigan

robbones

US 67 in Arkansas traverses 14 or 15 counties

US 65 goes through 14

Laura

US 40 goes through 10/24 counties in Maryland (counting Baltimore City as a county): Garrett, Allegany, Washington, Frederick, Carroll, Howard, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Baltimore again, Harford, Cecil.

okroads

In Oklahoma, US 412 goes through 16 counties. US 62, US 64, and US 270 each go through 15.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.