News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highways with to many lanes

Started by Roadgeekteen, December 21, 2018, 04:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

CT 11 is another one. Could function as a super 2.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

RobbieL2415

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 25, 2018, 04:58:57 PM
I so wish one of the carriageways would have its pavement removed and converted into a multi-purpose trail.

ipeters61

Quote from: RobbieL2415 on December 25, 2018, 07:17:28 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on December 25, 2018, 04:58:57 PM
I so wish one of the carriageways would have its pavement removed and converted into a multi-purpose trail.
What if the whole expressway was built out?
Disclaimer: Opinions expressed on my posts on the AARoads Forum are my own and do not represent official positions of my employer.
Instagram | Clinched Map

Rothman

Heard the usual and cyclical pushes to get CT 11 completed are starting up again...and the wheel will keep going round and round...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hotdogPi

Quote from: Rothman on December 28, 2018, 09:29:32 AM
Heard the usual and cyclical pushes to get CT 11 completed are starting up again...and the wheel will keep going round and round...

Tell Foxwoods that if they pay for it entirely, CT 11 will connect to CT 78 and go through their main competitor, Mohegan Sun, destroying it.
At the same time, tell Mohegan Sun that if they pay for it entirely, CT 2, as a freeway, will connect to CT 78 and go through their main competitor, Foxwoods, destroying it. (Current CT 2 will become a parallel surface road.)

If one accepts but not the other, it gets done. If both accept, it goes to the highest bidder.

(note: this is a joke)
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

roadman

Quote from: theroadwayone on December 24, 2018, 12:15:12 AM
Anyone see the Top Gear when they went through there and, because it was so deserted, they played football (soccer) in the middle of one of those?

Yes.  And the best part was that they got the local police to play with them.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Rothman on December 28, 2018, 09:29:32 AM
I couldn't believe it when I heard that the completed section has been opened since the 1970s.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.