News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TCH 104 Bypass @ Antigonish NS - Oct 14 Update

Started by ghYHZ, October 13, 2014, 10:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghYHZ

Oct 2014 update: Work continues on Phase II of the TCH 104 bypass at Antigonish NS and the scheduled completion is now pushed to Fall 2016. If that is the case, then it will be nearly 20 years since the first "open house"  for public input on the 14.5 km bypass was held.

(map .PDF here:)

http://www.104antigonish.ca/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/AntigonishPhase2.pdf

-At Lower South River traffic is being detoured onto the new structure that will eventually be the realigned Trunk 4 when the project is complete. The section of highway beyond the barricade will be reopened this fall and in use until everything is ready for the changeover in fall 2016. 

-Twin bridges at Lower South River are nearly complete. The new Trunk 4 overpass structure in the distance is temporarily in use as a detour during the 2014 construction season.

- In the distance (below) is the point where Phase II will merge into Phase I which opened in Sept 2012.

SignGeek101

Exciting news! Hopefully they'll finish on time.

Although, I did see a Clearview speed limit sign.  :ded: I thought only my city used them. Are they common in Nova Scotia?

Bluenoser

Quote from: SignGeek101 on October 15, 2014, 12:15:46 AM
Exciting news! Hopefully they'll finish on time.

Although, I did see a Clearview speed limit sign.  :ded: I thought only my city used them. Are they common in Nova Scotia?

Haven't seen many myself in my part of the province, but Clearview route signs are starting to become common...Here's one example from EB NS-6 a few minutes east of Amherst (this is just past Hastings Rd/Hastings Cross Rd intersection):

https://www.google.ca/maps/@45.8466877,-64.1223499,3a,75y,55.94h,93.68t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sV5Z6kqf17G6WtTYYU-kYpw!2e0

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.