Anyone have any pictures of the Jacinto Rd interchange on CA99?

Started by SacRoadGeek916, November 18, 2011, 05:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SacRoadGeek916

I think this interchange was removed before I was born and I would like to see some pictures of it if possible. I'm assuming this was before calvine rd (the new one, not the old one) existed.

luokou

Well, I don't have any pictures, but I did take a look on historicaerials.com and found the Jacinto Rd. interchange in 1957. Eschinger Rd. about 6 miles down is set up in the exact same way as the former Jacinto Rd. interchange.

SacRoadGeek916

Cool site!!! Never knew about it thanks!! How are you navigating thats site though? I tried turning on roads and it looks like the overlay is for current roads, not the actual historical roads. It has interchanges that exist right now but are dirt in 1957.

Alps

Use the Overlay feature and choose Slide. That'll let you scroll around with the modern map and then use the slider to wipe it out in favor of the old one - you can slide repeatedly to compare old and new.

SacRoadGeek916

Wow that is another cool feature! It's fun to slide to see how the area has (or has not changed)! Is there anyway to bring up old street name view though? The "all roads" feature has current streets, but not the historic ones.

luokou

Seems you'll need an actual old map for street names back then.   :spin:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.