News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 60 in Richmond, Va.

Started by hbelkins, October 07, 2012, 03:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Can anyone provide the definitive routing of US 60 (eastbound) in Richmond?

The VDOT Richmond downtown inset is of little help. (As an aside, I noticed at least two errors on the map's city insets. US 11W is labeled US 421 in Bristol, and VA 5 is mislabeled as VA 6 in one spot. There may be others.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

According to the Virginia Highways Project, it's (west to east) Midlothian Turnpike, Roanoke St, Semmes Ave, Manchester Bridge, 9th St, Cary St, 14th St, Main St, Williamsburg Ave, Stony Run Dr, Government Rd, Williamsburg Rd. Google Maps also shows this routing.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

dfilpus

Google maps has it along that route, which agrees with the Traffic Counts data base. As a minor correction, there should be Forest Hill Avenue between Roanoke Street and Semmes Avenue (which do not intersect).

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hbelkins

The VDOT map has a US 60 shield on Main Street beyond 21st Street, but the red line makes a 90-degree left from East Main to 21st Street, and it indicates that US 60 turns right onto Broad Street.

Incidentally, a US 250 shield is shown on Broad Street between 19th and 20th, when it actually ends at US 360.

<sarcasm> I'm sure that US 60 is very prominently and accurately posted in downtown Richmond. After all, route signing in downtowns of major cities is always so good and especially so in Virginia cities, where the municipalities are responsible for it. </sarcasm>

Takumi

US 60 was on 21st and Broad before 2003, when the current route was assigned. Broad east of US 360 is now unnumbered.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: hbelkins on October 07, 2012, 09:43:14 PM
<sarcasm> I'm sure that US 60 is very prominently and accurately posted in downtown Richmond. After all, route signing in downtowns of major cities is always so good and especially so in Virginia cities, where the municipalities are responsible for it.

It's just as prominently and accurately posted as US 33 and VA 33! Richmond's Department of Public Works made extra sure there would be no possibility of confusion whatsoever!</sarcasm>

:P
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

cpzilliacus

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on October 08, 2012, 01:13:29 AM
<sarcasm> I'm sure that US 60 is very prominently and accurately posted in downtown Richmond. After all, route signing in downtowns of major cities is always so good and especially so in Virginia cities, where the municipalities are responsible for it.

It's just as prominently and accurately posted as US 33 and VA 33! Richmond's Department of Public Works made extra sure there would be no possibility of confusion whatsoever!</sarcasm>

Maybe they've been taking lessons from the District (D.C.) Department of Transportation?
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

abc2VE

Quote from: WillWeaverRVA on October 08, 2012, 01:13:29 AM

I actually managed to get it correct when I drove west from downtown richmond to Va 150 last week; however I almost got lost with the lack of a sign posted at Semmes and Roanoke.

Oh and here is a yellow right lane closed sign that is posted too far past the merge point
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=richmond+va&hl=en&ll=37.509069,-77.485832&spn=0.000582,0.001321&sll=39.999413,-78.237162&sspn=0.037544,0.084543&gl=us&hnear=Richmond,+Virginia&t=m&z=20&layer=c&cbll=37.509069,-77.486088&panoid=1uaBhO3uH31mw6OSBqGB0g&cbp=12,290.78,,0,3.23

Takumi

I drove the whole route through the city eastbound today. There are a few old (still black-border, but maybe 1961 spec) shields on the south side of the river, one turning from Midlothian to Roanoke and a couple more on Semmes. There's also an old BGS approaching the Manchester Bridge. Of course I missed photographing all of them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

Quote from: Takumi on November 03, 2012, 03:47:10 PM
I drove the whole route through the city eastbound today. There are a few old (still black-border, but maybe 1961 spec) shields on the south side of the river, one turning from Midlothian to Roanoke and a couple more on Semmes. There's also an old BGS approaching the Manchester Bridge. Of course I missed photographing all of them.

I think I got pics of most of those when I drove the route.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.