News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Chuck E. Cheese song edits

Started by bandit957, November 30, 2019, 07:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Anyone have any other examples of Chuck E. Cheese pizza restaurants editing the lyrics of songs to make them more "kid-safe"?

I remember that the robot animals up on the stage sang "Rocket Man", but they edited the line, "In fact it's cold as hell." They changed it to "In fact it's cold as well."

I have a friend who says the local Chuck E. Cheese had a record of "Tryin' To Live My Life Without You" by Bob Seger that was played between stage shows. The line "Used to smoke 5 packs of cigarettes a day" was changed to "Used to chew 5 packs of bubble gum a day" to discourage kids from smoking. (My friend first mentioned this about 15 years ago. It's not something I came up with just recently.)

I'm guessing that if Chuck E. Cheese ever had a record of "An American Dream" by Dirt Band that they probably changed the line "Sandy beaches, drinkin' rum every night" to "Sandy beaches, chewin' gum every night."

Any more examples of this?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

Brian556

While this is no a Chuck-E-Cheese example, the most ridiculous edit I've ever heard is when the Disney channel edited Demi Lovato's "Get Back" to say "hold me like you mean it" instead of "kiss me like you mean it". Like WTF is wrong with "kiss"?

KEVIN_224

Next thing you know, they'll change a line in Katy Perry's "California Girls". The line of "Sipppin'...gin and juice" will become "Sippin'...apple juice". :D

Something about this subject is now making me think of Kidz Bop.

Brian556

Quote from: KEVIN_224 on December 03, 2019, 08:20:02 PM
Next thing you know, they'll change a line in Katy Perry's "California Girls". The line of "Sipppin'...gin and juice" will become "Sippin'...apple juice". :D

Something about this subject is now making me think of Kidz Bop.

The video is rather childish but with a very adult aspect to it

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.