Are topics about the forum itself banned?

Started by webny99, December 21, 2017, 06:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotdogPi

Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 03:56:29 PM
What's stupid about it?  Moderators don't stop being moderators when they participate in normal discussion.  It's a reasonable discussion to have–whether a post made by a mod about a user should be considered official or not.

That's what purple text is for.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

kphoger

Quote from: Marf on December 26, 2017, 03:58:08 PM
Quote from: Marf on December 26, 2017, 03:47:08 PM
Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 03:45:13 PM
No, I think that statement is the stupidest.    :hmm:
On a less snarky note, to which specific statement were you referring?

The bolded one

What's stupid about it?  Moderators don't stop being moderators when they participate in normal discussion.  It's a reasonable discussion to have–whether a post made by a mod about a user should be considered official or not.

It is just so obvious. No harm intended!  :bigass:

Then why couldn't you figure out what he meant?  (No harm taken.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Marf

Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 03:59:55 PM
Quote from: Marf on December 26, 2017, 03:58:08 PM
Quote from: Marf on December 26, 2017, 03:47:08 PM
Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 03:45:13 PM
No, I think that statement is the stupidest.    :hmm:
On a less snarky note, to which specific statement were you referring?

The bolded one

It is just so obvious. No harm intended!  :bigass:

Then why couldn't you figure out what he meant?  (No harm taken.)

I did. It just does not have to do with this thread.
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

Marf

Quote from: webny99 on December 26, 2017, 03:48:54 PM
I could care less

That means you care.  If you didn't care, then you couldn't care less.

I'm not a troll! Everyone knew that anyways!

I'm still not convinced.

If it will help the situation, I apologize for my wackiness, which I do find quite amusing.

Calling a pig a rose doesn't make it smell any sweeter.
-endqoute-

One more piece of evidence to get this mouthbreather a tempban.
Direct your complaints about me to Archer City, FL. Direct anything else about me to my PM-box. Direct things NOT about me to the Hypnotuse. Or just send anything to Alanlans, that's alright too.

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on December 26, 2017, 03:59:45 PM

I know.  It was sort of a thought experiment, but I thought it might have been part of webny99's comment.  Probably ran too far with that.

And I also think people don't appreciate that there is back-room communication between moderators that usually leads to no visible action taken.  It's a bit like saying your parents weren't very active in your upbringing, only stepping in every so often to crack the whip.  You were never privy to the countless times they decided behind closed doors to not discipline you, and you didn't notice the subtle ways they corrected your behavior without overt intervention.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Marf

Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 04:07:54 PM

I know.  It was sort of a thought experiment, but I thought it might have been part of webny99's comment.  Probably ran too far with that.

And I also think people don't appreciate that there is back-room communication between moderators that usually leads to no visible action taken.  It's a bit like saying your parents weren't very active in your upbringing, only stepping in every so often to crack the whip.  You were never privy to the countless times they decided behind closed doors to not discipline you, and you didn't notice the subtle ways they corrected your behavior without overt intervention.

A good parent is an active one (which your example is not). Same for mods. If I was a mod that jerk would have been out of there on 444/44.

kphoger

Quote from: Marf on December 26, 2017, 04:10:23 PM

A good parent is an active one (which your example is not). Same for mods.

You missed my point.  A parent not being visibly active in the child's eyes doesn't mean the parent isn't active.  When you have children, you'll appreciate that a lot of active parenting happens without the child being aware of it.
Male pronouns, please.

Marf

Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 04:12:06 PM
Quote from: Marf on December 26, 2017, 04:10:23 PM

A good parent is an active one (which your example is not). Same for mods.

You missed my point.  A parent not being visibly active in the child's eyes doesn't mean the parent isn't active.  When you have children, you'll appreciate that a lot of active parenting happens without the child being aware of it.

When I have children? Then I might actually be there and protect them from bullies. In your example they need to be there right f***ing now.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Marf

kphoger

Quote from: Marf on December 26, 2017, 04:31:32 PM
Quote from: kphoger on December 26, 2017, 04:29:43 PM
Whatever.

You running away?

I don't feel like hitting my head against a wall.   :banghead:
If you want to call that running away, so be it.
Male pronouns, please.

Marf

Wait for webny to come back. He can solve this for you.

US71

I am locking this until you all quit acting like children.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

rickmastfan67

Also Marf, you're on very thin ice yourself right now.  As others have said, don't poke the bear and then complain about medical bills afterwards.

Scott5114

Also, it should be noted that publicly calling for moderation of a member is tacky as all hell. If you really want something done about a problem user, PM a moderator, who can pass it along to the others.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.