News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 08:29:12 AM
Quote from: formulanone on May 08, 2024, 06:20:46 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on May 07, 2024, 08:43:51 PMThings that make you feel old: On tonight's episode of Jeopardy, none of the contestants recognized the lyrics to "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now."
Uh oh, the world ran out of lovers.

Here was the full clue, by the way. The category was "Pop Music" and they had a video of songwriter Diane Warren, seated in front of a piano, saying the following:

QuoteYou might not remember the film "Mannequin", but I hope you remember my song from it that says, "And we can build this dream together standing strong together", this 5-word title.

I could easily understand someone not knowing the exact words to the song were "dream" and "standing strong" (I think those two lines are easy to mishear as something else), but that song was—and arguably still is—so ubiquitous on the radio that I was flabbergasted that none of the contestants knew what song it was. (I remember it being from the movie, although I never saw the movie beyond the clips they used in the song's music video.)
Northeast / Re: General PA Design/Construc...
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 07:53:03 AM
CE Expert System:

District 2:

PA 729 over Little Muddy Run

I-80 Exit 192 Ramps

District 3:  US 6 at PA 187

District 12:  US 19/PA 21 in Waynesburg

QuoteTraffic between on S.R. 0021 (High Street) between S.R. 0019 (Richhill Street) and S.R. 0019 (Morris Street) is currently one way heading in a northbound direction. Upon the request of Waynesburg Borough the borough wanted to allow traffic to travel in a northbound and southbound direction between S.R. 0019 (Richhill Street) and S.R. 0019 (Morris Street) on S.R. 0021 (High Street). Traffic heading eastbound on S.R. 0021 (High Street) wanting to go southbound on S.R. 0019 (Green Street) will have to continue to make a right onto South Richhill Street and then will make a left onto to S.R. 0019 (Green Street) southbound. Traffic heading  eastbound on S.R. 0021 (High Street) wanting to go northbound on S.R. 0019 (Morris Street) will have to make a left onto S.R. 0019 (Morris Street)  northbound. The northwest quadrant at the intersection of S.R. 0019 (High Street) and S.R. 0021 (High Street) may need to be flattened to accommodate the left turning movements of trucks. Parking spaces on either one side or both sides of S.R. 0021 may need to be eliminated to accommodate traffic in a eastbound and westbound direction, and turning movements a the intersections. There is a Waynesburg Borough parking lot in the northwest quadrant at the intersection of S.R. 0021 (High Street) and S.R. 0019 (Morris Street) that may need parking spaces eliminated to accommodate parking spaces. Signing will have to be reconfigured due to the change in traffic directions.
Southeast / Re: Florida
Last post by Alex - Today at 07:42:05 AM
Quote from: Sani on May 08, 2024, 11:34:33 AMI assume the blank spaces are for additional destinations once the express lanes on the Howard Frankland Bridge are open. Do we know what those will be yet? Is the plan to add an express lane along I-275 to downtown Tampa?

The I-275 Express Lanes will be extended as part of the new Howard Frankland Bridge being constructed through late 2025. They will tie into the planned reconstruction of the West Shore Interchange joining I-275 and SR 60 (Kennedy Blvd / Memorial Hwy). Work at I-275/SR 60 is anticipated to start later this year.
Off-Topic / Re: Most irritating emoji
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 07:39:14 AM
Quote from: vdeane on May 08, 2024, 12:46:49 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 08, 2024, 08:54:20 AMGoing to go with :pan: because of a certain "ssssssssssss" themed forum poster.
Remember the person who responded to posts with  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful:  :colorful: ?

I think that was the now-banned user "snowc." If he hadn't been banned, I might have responded to this thread with, "Whatever one(s) snowc is overusing at the moment."
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 07:04:04 AM
Getting sick of the phrase "and I'm here for it" to show enthusiasm for something.
General Highway Talk / Re: What's the Closest Interst...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 06:54:14 AM
Quote from: Road Hog on Today at 01:43:03 AMIf I count interstates I've intersected, that's a dang wide net to cast. I definitely have never been on I-2 though.

Intersected?  If you stayed on the route you were on, then you weren't on the route that you "intersected"...
Quote from: epzik8 on May 07, 2024, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 01, 2023, 11:32:24 AMMilton DE Route 1/16 (?) - TBD

Milton must be a pretty elite place to have roadmeet hosting privileges.

I can't recall who proposed this meet, but it's been a while since I last heard anything about it.
Sports / Re: Hockey
Last post by Ted$8roadFan - Today at 05:04:28 AM
Back to reality to the Boston Bruins, losing 1-6 to the Florida Panthers.
Off-Topic / Re: Most irritating emoji
Last post by CNGL-Leudimin - Today at 02:42:49 AM
Quote from: hotdogPi on May 08, 2024, 06:12:47 AM🥵, as it looks negative, but people almost exclusively use it positively.

I use this one to mean it is warmer than usual. Likewise I use 🥶 when it's cooler.

As for the topic, there's no emoji that particularly irritates me.
General Highway Talk / Re: What's the Closest Interst...
Last post by Road Hog - Today at 01:43:03 AM
If I count interstates I've intersected, that's a dang wide net to cast. I definitely have never been on I-2 though.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.