News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Interstate Football League

Started by Poiponen13, December 12, 2022, 03:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poiponen13

Would this be great idea? The Interstate Football League would be similar to "Great Interstate Bracket Challenge" where 2di highways "play" together and highway with most points wins. The 70 2dis would be divided to 7 vertical divisions of 10, playing each other once over nine days and after nine games, the 10th places interstates are relegated to lower division and 1st placed interstates are promoted to higher division. In the beginning, the 10 longest interstates would be in highest division, next 10 lonest would be in next highest, and until 10 shortest would be in lowest division.

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Poiponen13

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 12, 2022, 04:14:04 AM
what
Like this:
https://aaroads.com/forum/index.php?action=post;msg=2796891;topic=32587.0

[That link leads me to a screen where I can edit your post. Which, I mean, I can do if you want, since I'm an admin and all. But my point remains: what -S.]

Poiponen13

It would be a fun competition similar to a bracket challenge made in late 2020.

CNGL-Leudimin

Quote from: Scott5114 on December 12, 2022, 04:20:48 AM
[That link leads me to a screen where I can edit your post. Which, I mean, I can do if you want, since I'm an admin and all. But my point remains: what -S.]

And I get a error message instead.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Hunty2022

I was planning on doing an MLB postseason style bracket of this, but with US Routes. But the routes I chose are quite random, and the voting system I would've put in may be too complicated.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

epzik8

I-97 and I-99 would immediately fall to last place just because they're anomalies that a lot of users here don't like.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

Poiponen13

Quote from: Hunty2022 on December 12, 2022, 08:47:46 AM
I was planning on doing an MLB postseason style bracket of this, but with US Routes. But the routes I chose are quite random, and the voting system I would've put in may be too complicated.
Maybe tennis with Insterstates or US routes.

Max Rockatansky

Hasn't this actually been done coherently in bracket form before elsewhere on the forum?

SEWIGuy

Poiponen13

WillWeaverRVA

Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

webny99

Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on December 12, 2022, 07:34:54 AM
Quote from: Scott5114 on December 12, 2022, 04:20:48 AM

And I get a error message instead.

Because you're not an admin.  :sombrero:

Dirt Roads

Quote from: epzik8 on December 12, 2022, 08:49:04 AM
I-97 and I-99 would immediately fall to last place just because they're anomalies that a lot of users here don't like.

Underdog teams in small football markets.  But I wouldn't vote against an Interstate that has Nittany Lions smack dap in the middle (not sure that I'd want to go up against the Midshipmen on a bad day, either).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.