News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

MD: Next I-95 ETL Contract Awarded

Started by MASTERNC, September 08, 2011, 10:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASTERNC

The contract to rebuild the MD 43 (White Marsh Blvd) interchange and extend the ETL project north to the interchange

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tutor-perini-corporation-announces-bid-results-and-new-contracts-totaling-457-million-2011-09-07

Tutor Perini, working with its subsidiary Cherry Hill Construction, has been notified by the Maryland Transportation Authority (MTA) that it is the apparent low bidder on the $143 million contract for the reconstruction of the MD 43 Interchange with the I-95 in Baltimore, Maryland.

This project consists of the reconstruction of 1.6 miles of existing divided highway to provide four additional Express Toll Lanes and the realignment and widening of 1.1 miles of MD 43. Included in this project is the construction of five new bridge structures, removal and replacement of one existing bridge, construction of eight new retaining walls, and signalization including Intelligent Transportation Systems. This will be the fourth express toll lane project that Cherry Hill has performed for the MTA since 2006.

From the MDTA, the project will extend the ETLs by just under 2 miles and also widen 1 mile of MD 43 to six lanes.  There will be five bridges constructed, including two flyovers.  There will also be one full and two half signals on MD 43.

Physical construction operations are scheduled to begin during winter 2011 and be completed in three years.

froggie

IIRC, the full signal is for the ETL ramps to/from MD 43, and the half-signals are for the loops from 95 onto 43.

MDRoads

Presently the ETL stops at the narrow, short bridge over Campbell Blvd.  It's been a bottleneck point for Campbell for some time now (4 lane undiv'd), especially since people like to turn left just south of it into some big-box centers, hogging up the left lane.  The new traffic signals on 43 will end limited access on the original stretch, from US 40 to current Honeygo Blvd (which needs a flyover ramp now like it originally had there).

MD 43 Interchange with the I-95

Can definitely tell this is a California writer.

MASTERNC

Quote from: MDRoads on September 18, 2011, 01:01:02 PM
Presently the ETL stops at the narrow, short bridge over Campbell Blvd.  It's been a bottleneck point for Campbell for some time now (4 lane undiv'd), especially since people like to turn left just south of it into some big-box centers, hogging up the left lane.  The new traffic signals on 43 will end limited access on the original stretch, from US 40 to current Honeygo Blvd (which needs a flyover ramp now like it originally had there).

MD 43 Interchange with the I-95

Can definitely tell this is a California writer.

Foreign, perhaps.

I agree about Campbell Blvd.  That is such a mess.

MDRoads

CA indeed... the place on the dateline of the article is Sylmar.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.