Illinois interesting bid annoucements

Started by Revive 755, June 05, 2013, 10:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: paulthemapguy on April 02, 2024, 11:38:19 PM
Quote from: Revive 755 on March 22, 2024, 11:47:40 PMItem 206 installs a roundabout at the Cedar Road - Haven Avenue intersections in New Lenox.

I was wondering about this! I drive through this cumbersome intersection often. I was also curious if we were going to get another roundabout in Will County.  :bigass: Utility and tree removal work are already well underway with this.

Sweet!  That's my (very) old stomping grounds.  I went to grade school (1st through 3rd) right there at that intersection.

My childhood home was where 4th Ave dead-ends at the tracks.  I also remember when Haven actually connected to Lincoln Hwy at its western end.

Oh yeah, and I remember there being a pay phone in the parking lot of the library at Cedar & 4th.  My friend and I once biked over and called the operator and spewed out all the dirty words we knew.  Then we called 911 and did the same thing.  We rode back to my house, changed our clothes (to disguise ourselves, of course), and went back again.  We told someone who was parked at the pay phone that the darned pay phone had eaten our quarter.  Her response:  "Oh you'd better get out of here, the cops are looking for you!"  Hoo boy, we high-tailed it out of there.

Then there was the time I got tired of stopping and looking both ways when crossing Cedar on 4th, because there was never anyone coming, so I just decided to not stop and look.  That made a driver slam on the brakes and do a screeching 180° (or more) in the middle of Cedar Road, and the bumper still came within probably a foot of me.  "You asshole!" he shouted out the window, but away I rode.  Man, it's amazing I survived childhood...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Revive 755

List of projects for the June 14, 2024 Letting is up.

• Item 1 replaces the Foster Avenue Bridge over I-90
  • Item 2 seems to be resurfacing and bridge work on Ashland Avenue at I-290
  • Item 4 seems to be a fiber and camera/ITS installation in northern Cook and in Lake County
  • Item 10 is a signal modernization with pavement marking work somewhere on US 34/Ogden in Western Springs
  • Item 12:  "House and garage demolition at William Dr 3.2 mi S of Galena and Lust cleanup at IL 35: SE of 4th St in East Dubuque"
  • Item 21 is an advance tree removal contract for I-39 between Mulford Road and north of the US 20/Harrison Street interchange
  • Items 31 and 32 are flashing beacon installations in District 3. Itm 31 is focused on IL 23 south of DeKalb.
  • Item 33 is patching and ADA work for the rest area on NB I-55 just south of Pontiac
  • Item 34 is joint replacement for the I-39 bridge over the Illinois River (at the same time I-55 over the Des Plaines near Joliet is scheduled for work?)
  • Item 35:  "Class A pavement patching on FAI 57 beginning at MM 285.5, 2.5 miles north of US 24 (Gilman Interchange) and ending at MM 293.5, 0.64 mile north of IL 116 (Ashkum Interchange)"
  • Item 42 is a various location traffic signal equipment replacement contract for District 4
  • Item 44 is lighting upgrades for the I-74/I-155 interchange
  • Item 49 is for signal modernization at the IL 9 intersection with Towanda Barnes Road
  • Item 83:  "Bridge demolition on Old US 51 over East Fork Kaskaskia Overflow, 5 miles north of Sandoval"
  • Item 87 is improvements for the IL 3/IL 157 intersection
  • Item 105 is something with intersection improvements on East Avenue in Brookfield, LaGrange, and McCook
  • Item 107 is rehabiliation work for the Cass Avenue Des Plaines River Bridge in Joliet
  • Item 109 is joint work and an overlay for the IL 126 bridge over the DuPage River
  • Item 111 is something with signal work and left turn lanes for the IL 7/Renwick Road/IL 53 intersection
  • Item 113 is 695 feet of patching and resurfacing for various locations in Schaumburg along I-290
  • Item 114 is intersection improvements for Roberts Road at 111th Street in Palos Hills
  • Item 115 is a repost of the Randall Road improvements between Ackman Road and Polaris Drive in McHerny County
  • Item 123 is a various location trombone mast arm replacement project for District 1
  • Item 126 is for work on the Kankakee River bridges on IL 1/IL 17 in Momence
  • Item 140 seems to be a repost for the I-55 Sangamon River bridges
  • Item 191 is resurfacing with lots of other work for I-255 between IL 157 and IL 15
  • Item 192 is signal moderinzation along IL 159 in Swansea and Farview Heights with some work along I-64
  • Item 193 widens around 6 miles of I-57 south of the southern I-64 interchange
  • Item 205 converts the US 20/Reinking Road intersection around Pingree Grove into a roundabout
  • Item 212 converts the Lucinda Avenue/Normal Road intersection in DeKalb into a roundabout
  • Item 223 seems to be a repost for improvements to the IL 83/Bluff Road intersection
  • Item 229 is some sort of improvements with bridge work on US 20 between Shales Parkway and Grace Street in Elgin
  • Item 230 is signal improvements, ADA improvements, and changeable message sign installation on IL 64 between York Road and IL 50
  • Item 231 is signal improvements, ADA improvements, and changeable message sign installation on IL 56 between IL 59 and York Road

Rick Powell

Speaking of Item 2, we wil be seeing a lot of overhead bridges being repaired or replaced over I-290 between I-294 and the Jane Byrne interchange over the next several years.

edwaleni

"Item 83:  "Bridge demolition on Old US 51 over East Fork Kaskaskia Overflow, 5 miles north of Sandoval"

I had to go look it up because I didn't realize there was any of Old-51 left north of Sandoval.

It's buried under the trees, but still there.

ilpt4u

Quote from: Revive 755 on May 10, 2024, 11:06:28 PM
    • Item 193 widens around 6 miles of I-57 south of the southern I-64 interchange
    When 57 is fully 6-laned between 24 and 64, I may start using it to head north again. This is another step in that direction!

Until then, IL 127, US 51, IL 13, US 45, and IL 1 are my friends

Revive 755

There's a few studies of note in the most recent notice for consultant services:  https://idot.illinois.gov/content/dam/soi/en/web/idot/documents/doing-business/bulletins-and-circulars/highways/design-and-environment/ptb-212/PTB%20212.pdf
    • Item 41 (Page 121/227) seems to be for a study of improving either IL 15 between I-255 and I-55 or Bond Avenue (old IL 13) between IL 163 and 8th Street (no Queeny Avenue/Curtis-Steinberg Road/Sauget Business Boulevard option?)
    • Item 45 (Page 132/227) is construction engineering for more work on I-24 over the Ohio River
    • Item 47 (Page 138/227) is for a NEPA study of the Southwest Illinois Connector (listed as IL 3, IL 154, and IL 13/IL 127)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.