National Boards > Road Enthusiasts Meetings

Road meet attendance? What's your frequency?

(1/16) > >>

Duke87:
Regarding the discussion about what time of year meets happen in... this is not necessarily a representative sample, but, since attending my first meet in 2009, here is the distribution of how many meets I have attended in each calendar month:

Jan   1
Feb   2
Mar   8
Apr   4
May   6
Jun   4
Jul   6
Aug   6
Sep   4
Oct   6
Nov   5
Dec   3

Topic split from 2020 Meets and subject changed - worthy new topic.  -sso

SSOWorld:

--- Quote from: froggie on August 14, 2019, 08:27:43 PM ---SE PA was 2010 and IIRC focused on their traffic management center.  I skipped that, in part because it was also the "bill snafu meet" and highlighted the issues with having a large turnout and confusion on the lunch bill.

I did indeed host a DC meet in May, 2012, right before I transferred out.  This meet focused on the Beltway HO/T lanes and the new 11th Street Bridges.

State College was April, 2009.  I remember this well because it was Oscar's Prius that got bumped from behind and I was in the back seat.

--- End quote ---
It got "Denny Pine"'ed. 

Jeff, Bullshit!, Bullshit!

:popcorn: :popcorn:

A.J. Bertin:

--- Quote from: Duke87 on August 14, 2019, 08:48:49 PM ---Regarding the discussion about what time of year meets happen in... this is not necessarily a representative sample, but, since attending my first meet in 2009, here is the distribution of how many meets I have attended in each calendar month:

Jan   1
Feb   2
Mar   8
Apr   4
May   6
Jun   4
Jul   6
Aug   6
Sep   4
Oct   6
Nov   5
Dec   3

--- End quote ---

Very interesting! After seeing this breakdown of yours, I felt compelled to compile mine. I have attended 60 road meets since 2004:

January - 0
February - 0
March - 5
April - 9
May - 13
June - 4
July - 3
August - 4
September - 6
October - 7
November - 7
December - 2

froggie:
I'm lucky to make it to 2 a year....Anthony's triple that...

jpi:
I have been averaging about 4 road meets a year since 2008 when I started going to these on a regular basis. Some years I get to 6 then some years I am luck y to make 2 and the years I travel out west (odd numbered years) I tend to go to less road meets those years. One exception, 2015 when I went to the Denver area meet then nearly 2 months later travelled as far as the northwest.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version