News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

MO: Extension of MO 465 from MO 76 to MO 376 under consideration

Started by Revive 755, January 14, 2010, 12:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

X99

why are there only like 5 people on this forum from south dakota

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

mvak36

I checked the Notice to Proceed date for the project and it's listed as Dec 9, 2019. Will Google Maps change the route numbers before they even start changing out the signs?
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

US71

Quote from: mvak36 on October 27, 2019, 10:52:13 PM
I checked the Notice to Proceed date for the project and it's listed as Dec 9, 2019. Will Google Maps change the route numbers before they even start changing out the signs?
Maybe if someone tells them?

mvak36

Quote from: US71 on October 27, 2019, 10:55:56 PM
Quote from: mvak36 on October 27, 2019, 10:52:13 PM
Maybe if someone tells them?
Maybe MODOT has to tell them like Iowa DOT did with I-880.

The Ghostbuster

How many agree with me that MO 465's "temporary" terminus at MO 76 will be, in fact, it's permanent terminus?

ozarkman417

Quote from: The Ghostbuster on October 29, 2019, 05:08:14 PM
How many agree with me that MO 465's "temporary" terminus at MO 76 will be, in fact, it's permanent terminus?
MO 465 got de-commissioned before it could ever move south of MO 76, So I suppose you could say it was the permanent terminus.

X99

Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 30, 2019, 10:34:03 PM
MO 465 got de-commissioned before it could ever move south of MO 76, So I suppose you could say it was the permanent terminus.
If that's the case, then the end of the freeway should be reconfigured. Here's my proposal for the reconfiguration. Doesn't necessarily have to be this, but keeping MO 76 on a continuous mainline seems like it would help to keep traffic off of the Boulevard, in addition to the renumbering.

ozarkman417

Quote from: X99 on October 31, 2019, 10:13:33 AM
If that's the case, then the end of the freeway should be reconfigured. Here's my proposal for the reconfiguration. Doesn't necessarily have to be this, but keeping MO 76 on a continuous mainline seems like it would help to keep traffic off of the Boulevard, in addition to the renumbering.
Having a free-flow interchange like that will most certainly help with the Silver Dollar City (the only real reason I use the highroad) Traffic. When the park opens, traffic actually backs up on to what was MO 465 just before opening time, occasionally.

It almost feels as if having the roadbed south of MO 76 was there to provide a false sense of hope throughout my childhood.

MikieTimT

Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 31, 2019, 05:41:25 PM
Having a free-flow interchange like that will most certainly help with the Silver Dollar City (the only real reason I use the highroad) Traffic. When the park opens, traffic actually backs up on to what was MO 465 just before opening time, occasionally.

It almost feels as if having the roadbed south of MO 76 was there to provide a false sense of hope throughout my childhood.

Does anyone know if the state actually acquired all of the right-of-way to have completed the road, or just the right-of-way they actually graded?  I don't know what the prospects are for actual growth of Branson at this point as my generation doesn't much care to sit in theaters anyway for shows, so unless several are ultimately razed with something more adventure or experience related replacing them, the strip will progressively decay and traffic issues will take care of themselves anyway.  Branson can't cater to the show crowd forever as the demographics of the area progressively change away from shows as a form of entertainment.

X99

Quote from: MikieTimT on November 05, 2019, 09:17:01 AM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 31, 2019, 05:41:25 PM

Does anyone know if the state actually acquired all of the right-of-way to have completed the road, or just the right-of-way they actually graded?  I don't know what the prospects are for actual growth of Branson at this point as my generation doesn't much care to sit in theaters anyway for shows, so unless several are ultimately razed with something more adventure or experience related replacing them, the strip will progressively decay and traffic issues will take care of themselves anyway.  Branson can't cater to the show crowd forever as the demographics of the area progressively change away from shows as a form of entertainment.
There are a few spots that I know of on the Strip that are already upgrading to appeal to newer generations, like the adventure park and the go-kart tracks. There was also something that seemed to be a children's museum going up when I was down there last summer. Branson is primarily a tourism destination now. I would think that they would try to keep that going.

mvak36

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/The-future-of-Ozark-Mountain-Highroad-MoDOT-has-no-plans-to-complete-Hwy-465-564627821.html

The original plan was to continue with phase-two of the Highroad, but MoDOT officials say the end to that plan is now nowhere in sight.

"Unfortunately, there's just not the funding there to complete the project," MoDOT Area Engineer Beth Schaller said.

The state already owns the right-of-way for phase-two, which would continue the loop around Branson, back to Highway 65 on the south.

Even local leaders want the road done.

"Every time we meet with Stone County especially, because everything ends there, they've really wanted to prioritize getting this extended to at least Highway 265," Schaller said.

However, Schaller says, right now the highway department has no plans for completion of the Highroad.

"We've got good public support for maintaining what we've got," Schaller said.

So, for now, what's left of the blocked-off dirt path, will continue to lead to nowhere.

"There are a lot of things I'd really love to see if we had the funding," Schaller said.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's, the then-Governor John Ashcroft said the road was needed to help with the Branson tourist boom of the nineties. It took about eight years to complete.

X99

Quote from: mvak36 on November 08, 2019, 09:18:40 AM
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/The-future-of-Ozark-Mountain-Highroad-MoDOT-has-no-plans-to-complete-Hwy-465-564627821.html

The original plan was to continue with phase-two of the Highroad, but MoDOT officials say the end to that plan is now nowhere in sight.

"Unfortunately, there's just not the funding there to complete the project," MoDOT Area Engineer Beth Schaller said.

The state already owns the right-of-way for phase-two, which would continue the loop around Branson, back to Highway 65 on the south.

Even local leaders want the road done.

"Every time we meet with Stone County especially, because everything ends there, they've really wanted to prioritize getting this extended to at least Highway 265," Schaller said.

However, Schaller says, right now the highway department has no plans for completion of the Highroad.

"We've got good public support for maintaining what we've got," Schaller said.

So, for now, what's left of the blocked-off dirt path, will continue to lead to nowhere.

"There are a lot of things I'd really love to see if we had the funding," Schaller said.

Back in the late 80's and early 90's, the then-Governor John Ashcroft said the road was needed to help with the Branson tourist boom of the nineties. It took about eight years to complete.

They could have at least finished it as an at-grade expressway, or at least cut down some of the trees in the ROW and made it a walking trail.

US71

Official word from MODOT: MO 465 is being replaced by MO 76 by March 2020.

X99

Quote from: US71 on December 02, 2019, 03:01:44 PM
Does this mean the freeway's completion is permanently cancelled? If so, are there any plans to reconfigure the incomplete interchange, such as the idea I posted earlier?

ozarkman417

Quote from: X99 on December 02, 2019, 08:03:19 PM
Quote from: US71 on December 02, 2019, 03:01:44 PM
Does this mean the freeway's completion is permanently cancelled? If so, are there any plans to reconfigure the incomplete interchange, such as the idea I posted earlier?
If there is (which I do not think there is), it's part of a separate project. The only thing mentioned on both the pdf & link are the changes in routing (unless I missed something). I looked at MODOT's STIP map, and the only project shown there is pavement resurfacing.

ozarkman417

X99

Quote from: ozarkman417 on December 02, 2019, 09:25:19 PM

Shouldn't Branson be over Rowley's head (and 76 over his dad) since the road came first?

Either way, post that to Roadgeek Memes. I would do it, but I don't want to steal.

ozarkman417

No signs have been replaced as of yet along the high road section of the project. A portable VMS in the area displayed the following:

ROUTE 465 SIGNAGE REPLACEMENT BEGINS WEEK OF JAN 06 2020

X99

Quote from: ozarkman417 on January 01, 2020, 03:16:33 PM
No signs have been replaced as of yet along the high road section of the project. A portable VMS in the area displayed the following:

ROUTE 465 SIGNAGE REPLACEMENT BEGINS WEEK OF JAN 06 2020
Rest in peace, MO 465...

ozarkman417

US71

MODOT changing out the signs near Branson. Courtesy David F. Backlin (aka "Power of 7" on MTR)

kphoger

Quote from: US71 on February 03, 2020, 02:01:43 PM
MODOT changing out the signs near Branson. Courtesy David F. Backlin (aka "Power of 7" on MTR)

I totally didn't realize until today that the northern end of US-65 Business was relocated from the 65/248 junction to the 65/76 junction.  Shall I assume that happened when the Skaggs roundabout was constructed?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US71

Quote from: kphoger on February 03, 2020, 02:05:35 PM
Quote from: US71 on February 03, 2020, 02:01:43 PM

I totally didn't realize until today that the northern end of US-65 Business was relocated from the 65/248 junction to the 65/76 junction.  Shall I assume that happened when the Skaggs roundabout was constructed?

I think so, but I don't remember for sure.

ozarkman417

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.