AHTD tried to decommission parts of US 62, 63, 65, and 67 in 2000

Started by bugo, July 25, 2014, 09:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

http://route.transportation.org/Documents/2000USRN_Cmte.pdf

At the December 8, 2000 meeting of the Special Committee on Route Numbering in Indianapolis, Arkansas's request for the elimination of US 62, 63, 65, and 67 in Arkansas where it duplexes with US 412 was denied. 

The application from Arkansas for the elimination of a portion of US Routes 62, 63, 65 and 67 was disapproved.  The Committee members noted that if a portion of each of the routes were eliminated, the routes would no longer be continuous.

What kind of a boneheaded idea was this?  The duplex of US 67 and US 412 was 3 blocks long! (US 67 has since been relocated, and they no longer duplex.)  If they wanted to take the signs down they could have done it without AASHTO approval.  Incidentally, at the same AASHTO meeting, both Future I-130 and Future I-555 were approved. This is the kind of lunacy you find coming from the highway department that gets ridiculous routings of US highways approved then refuses to sign half of the extension.  Thankfully, cooler heads prevailed and the request was denied.

english si

I-130 would have gone to the State line on 151 but was rejected due to no word from TX - why didn't AHTD speak with TXDOT about I-230?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.