News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2022 NEOH ODOT Road Projects:

Started by thenetwork, April 04, 2022, 09:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenetwork

From cleveland.com:  A listing of some of the major ODOT construction projects for 2022 in Northeast Ohio.

https://www.cleveland.com/news/2022/04/odot-construction-season-began-monday-see-a-list-of-notable-2022-projects-in-northeast-ohio.html

There are links to more comprehensive listings of ODOT projects, by district, within the article.

One particular project that intrigues me is the addition of a 3rd westbound lane on I-480 between I-71 and Grayton Road, near the airport.

That area of I-480 West around the airport has always been a chokepoint since it opened in the 80s. 

It will be interesting to see how they do it since there is not a lot of free space to widen upon in that stretch, whether it would be due to existing bridges under or over other ramps or limited air clearance for construction cranes. 

That area is directly underneath the final approach for the airport's main runways and existing light poles are noticeably shorter because of that in that stretch.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.