User Content > Road Trips

Potential road trips (USA "fringes", Canada)

(1/3) > >>

elsmere241:
My wife wants to see all fifty states - we're missing Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, and Louisiana.  And now she says she wants to see all ten provinces, too.  (We've been to Ontario, and she's seen Alberta and probably British Columbia.)

Her idea for the next trip involves going back to Niagara Falls and spending more time, then a couple of other places in southern Ontario.  From there we'd go up and around to the Trans-Canada and take it to British Columbia, then stop at the Peace Arch before continuing to her mother's house in south-central Washington.  Non-stop, that's about 52 hours, and we found the hard way we don't want to drive too many hours a day with a camping trailer.  (I don't know if we'd have it for this particular trip.)

Any experiences or suggestions?

Rothman:

--- Quote from: elsmere241 on September 09, 2022, 11:00:19 AM ---My wife wants to see all fifty states - we're missing Alaska, Florida, Hawaii, and Louisiana.  And now she says she wants to see all ten provinces, too.  (We've been to Ontario, and she's seen Alberta and probably British Columbia.)

Her idea for the next trip involves going back to Niagara Falls and spending more time, then a couple of other places in southern Ontario.  From there we'd go up and around to the Trans-Canada and take it to British Columbia, then stop at the Peace Arch before continuing to her mother's house in south-central Washington.  Non-stop, that's about 52 hours, and we found the hard way we don't want to drive too many hours a day with a camping trailer.  (I don't know if we'd have it for this particular trip.)

Any experiences or suggestions?

--- End quote ---
Where are you starting from?

elsmere241:
Right now, we'd be starting from Wilmington, Delaware.

webny99:
The Trans-Canada passes through some extremely remote territory in northern Ontario, so just make sure you're prepared for long distances without fuel/restroom stops if you do take that route.

JayhawkCO:
The only recommendation that I would make is that instead of doing the Trans-Canada the whole way, to branch off in Manitoba and do the Yellowhead Highway as far as Jasper and then drive the Icefields Parkway down to Banff before crossing into BC. One of the best drives in North America. I also surprisingly liked Saskatoon if you want a place to stop for the night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version