News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

__________ is/are overrated.

Started by kphoger, April 28, 2022, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 19, 2022, 11:43:56 PM
Arby's curly fries.

Actually, curly fries in general.

The really tightly wound, soft, boingy ones are good. The rest are meh.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

webny99

Arby's curly fries.

You think they're overrated, I think they're underrated.

Maybe they're properly rated.

webny99

Quote from: 7/8 on May 16, 2022, 09:59:04 AM
I rarely get change nowadays since I usually don't use cash, but in my experience growing up in the 2000's, American coins were pretty common in our change and Canadian retailers wouldn't care if you used them. On the other hand, I can remember at least once trying to use a Canadian coin (quarter or less) in the US and being told that they won't accept it. As a kid it seemed ridiculous because to me they were basically interchangeable, but in hindsight and I can understand that Canadian currency is worth a bit less and probably less common further from the border.

It probably depends on where you are in the US and what coins you're using. I've recieved Canadian pennies as change on several occasions and didn't think anything of it. I've never used or received any larger Canadian coins, though, at least not that I can remember.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on May 18, 2022, 01:32:32 PM
My wife and I went outside, saw that the moon was behind some trees, and went back in.  Whoopee.

I could've said that to, but instead I found a different spot where I could see.  :-P

I actually found the lunar eclipse interesting, but it's best observed a) during the transition phases and b) over a period of time. I started watching early on, when it looked like a normal full moon, then with a bite out of it, then half-gone, and finally just a speck of bright light on the edge, and that's when you really start to notice the reddish color. I didn't stay up to watch the shadow move off the other side, but if I had, I wouldn't have bothered watching the entire total eclipse phase in between, which is admittedly very boring.

And that's really the key difference between a lunar eclipse and a solar eclipse: while the transition phases are equally interesting (but much more watchable during a lunar eclipse), the "total" phase of a lunar eclipse is fairly boring and anticlimactic while the "total" phase of a solar eclipse is extremely exciting and climactic.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on May 20, 2022, 01:08:50 AM

Arby's curly fries.

Agreed.  Curly fries are awesome, and that's just how they're generally rated.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Fake skulls on everything.

(real ones are apparently underrated, though)

hbelkins

Arby's curly fries.

Not the shape, but the seasoning. I don't know why curly fries always tend to be seasoned. I'd rate a seasoned crinkle-cut or shoestring fry the same as Arby's, but I'd also rate a regular curly fry the same as a regular cut of any other unseasoned fry.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on May 20, 2022, 01:18:03 PM

Arby's curly fries.

Not the shape, but the seasoning.

You're wrong.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

7/8

Quote from: webny99 on May 20, 2022, 01:15:27 AM
Quote from: 7/8 on May 16, 2022, 09:59:04 AM
I rarely get change nowadays since I usually don't use cash, but in my experience growing up in the 2000's, American coins were pretty common in our change and Canadian retailers wouldn't care if you used them. On the other hand, I can remember at least once trying to use a Canadian coin (quarter or less) in the US and being told that they won't accept it. As a kid it seemed ridiculous because to me they were basically interchangeable, but in hindsight and I can understand that Canadian currency is worth a bit less and probably less common further from the border.

It probably depends on where you are in the US and what coins you're using. I've recieved Canadian pennies as change on several occasions and didn't think anything of it. I've never used or received any larger Canadian coins, though, at least not that I can remember.

You guys can keep our useless pennies. :-P

An interesting thought: I wonder if some Canadians purposely try to use their pennies in the US to get rid of them (saves the effort of going to the bank).

kphoger

Going to a difference county is so-o-o much easier than going to the bank!   :crazy:
Male pronouns, please.

7/8

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 03:08:09 PM
Going to a difference county is so-o-o much easier than going to the bank!   :crazy:

Lol maybe that sounds silly, but I'm thinking if you have a trip planned in a few months, it's easier to bring some of them on the trip instead.

webny99

Quote from: 7/8 on May 20, 2022, 03:45:26 PM

Lol maybe that sounds silly, but I'm thinking if you have a trip planned in a few months, it's easier to bring some of them on the trip instead.

Actually, I'll bet there's some truth to that. Might as well put your pennies in circulation in the US now that they're no good in Canada.

kphoger

Wow, nobody called me out for typing 'county' instead of 'country'!   :awesomeface:
Male pronouns, please.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 04:09:50 PM
Wow, nobody called me out for typing 'county' instead of 'country'!   :awesomeface:

Now I see the difference... LOL!

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 09:30:54 AM

Arby's curly fries.

I experience no awe when I eat a curly fry. Just disappointment that it's worse than a regular french fry.

In addition to the weird seasoning, the increased surface area of a curly fry means that they get fried into hard, inedible rocks far more frequently than standard fries.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

formulanone

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 04:09:50 PM

I was silently proving a point to you or just busy with something else.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 20, 2022, 05:16:28 PM

Arby's curly fries.

I experience no awe when I eat a curly fry. Just disappointment that it's worse than a regular french fry.

In addition to the weird seasoning, the increased surface area of a curly fry means that they get fried into hard, inedible rocks far more frequently than standard fries.

My wife was a fan of the regular fries more than the curly fries, but grew to like them more when the regular fries were discontinued.

Me - the curly fries are excellent, and I prefer to dip them in their honey mustard sauce.

kphoger

the increased surface area of a curly fry means that they get fried into hard, inedible rocks far more frequently than standard fries.

Yes, and those crunchy ones down at the bottom are the BEST!  YummmmmmmMMY!

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 20, 2022, 05:24:21 PM
I prefer to dip them in their honey mustard sauce.

Mix Arby's sauce together with Horsey sauce.  Hoo yeah!
Male pronouns, please.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

CtrlAltDel

Arby's curly fries.

I'm in this camp. In my view, crinkle cut is by far the best.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: hbelkins on May 20, 2022, 08:24:54 PM
The Grateful Dead.

Where do you hide something from a Deadhead?

Under a bar of soap.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

cwf1701

Aaron Rodgers. IMO, the more deserving person who should have won the NFL MVP in 2021 is Cooper Kupp of the Rams.

thspfc

Quote from: cwf1701 on May 21, 2022, 12:28:35 PM
Aaron Rodgers. IMO, the more deserving person who should have won the NFL MVP in 2021 is Cooper Kupp of the Rams.
MVP stands for "Most Valuable Player" . Who is more valuable to their team?

XamotCGC

Roads clinched.
State Routes: Kentucky:  KY 208 KY 289 KY 555 KY 2154 KY 245 KY 1195

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: XamotCGC on May 21, 2022, 03:17:03 PM
The Kardashian's

Hard to be overrated when something is closely to universally hated. 

Regarding Kim Kardashian, I never understood why so many dudes a decade ago were into her.  She looked way more attractive pre-plastic surgery but even then wasn't anything super special.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.