News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Overdrive's 2009 Worst Roads Rankings

Started by PAHighways, March 05, 2010, 08:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAHighways

Quote from: mightyace on March 08, 2010, 09:00:26 PM
Quote from: PAHighways on March 06, 2010, 02:50:37 PM
No doubt, if tolls are put on it, it will be continually rated as the worst.

Why?  Will the truckers rate it low simply because of the tolls?

One of the reasons for the current results is because of the tolls they pay to cross the state on the Turnpike.  The magazine acknowledged 76 getting "ripped" for its high tolls in the December 2008 issue, and even a respondent who was interviewed said his recent $110 toll was a reason.

Bickendan

Quote from: SSF on March 07, 2010, 07:59:39 PM
I would disagree with Texas drivers being the best too, most of the ones I encounter are doing 20 over the limit in trucks/SUV's. 
Only 20 over? Wow, that's slow. :meh:

hbelkins

I would disagree with Texas drivers being the best too, most of the ones I encounter are doing 20 over the limit in trucks/SUV's. 

And the problem with that is?????

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Annunciation70130 on March 05, 2010, 10:42:40 PM
Even though it made the most improved list, I'm curious to see how I-10 in Louisiana still ended up one of the worse roads.  All of the bad sections have been repaved and/or widened and the remaining sections were in good condition to begin with.  The only problem I-10 faces is traffic.  It has to be the best conditioned interstate in the state and I've seen worse in other states.

Has all the "rough spots" been paved over between Lake Charles and Lafayette?
Otherwise, BR and Jeff Parish traffic will be held against I-10.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Marc

Quote from: hbelkins on March 09, 2010, 10:02:45 PM

And the problem with that is?????

Well, the problem is when one rides your ass and flashes their brights at you when you are going 10 miles over, in an effort to make you get over and let them through. This study must have been conducted on a state level. If the study was conducted in DFW or Houston (primarily the ladder), the result probably would have been different. I also wish Texas would do like Mississippi and put a bright neon yellow "STATE LAW" over all the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and "Left Lane For Passing Only" signs on the rural interstates. That's a big problem here (and everywhere else) too. But Mississippi doesn't put up with it. Smart state.

froggie

QuoteI also wish Texas would do like Mississippi and put a bright neon yellow "STATE LAW" over all the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and "Left Lane For Passing Only" signs on the rural interstates.

These must be recent sign installations in Mississippi, because they sure as heck did not exist before I left a year-and-a-half ago.

Marc

It is recent. Last time I was there was December of 2008 and they had not been put into place yet.

UptownRoadGeek

Quote from: froggie on March 15, 2010, 11:56:29 AM
QuoteI also wish Texas would do like Mississippi and put a bright neon yellow "STATE LAW" over all the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and "Left Lane For Passing Only" signs on the rural interstates.

These must be recent sign installations in Mississippi, because they sure as heck did not exist before I left a year-and-a-half ago.

They've been up for maybe a year now.  They're actually nice.  They've also started putting up these wide signs in urban areas with various messages and regulations.

rawmustard

Does anyone else find it odd that it took Matt Helms nearly two months to report on the survey?

Crazy Volvo Guy

After driving in Wisconsin last week...and having driven in PA quite extensively...

I think I'm going to go ahead and say that the folks at Overdrive have their heads so far up their asses that they can taste their stomach acid.  PA roads may be bad...but they're nowhere NEAR as bad as the roads in WI.
I hate Clearview, because it looks like a cheap Chinese ripoff.

I'm for the Red Sox and whoever's playing against the Yankees.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.