News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Illinois Road Videos

Started by Crash_It, October 24, 2021, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2022, 07:12:12 PM
Quote from: dlsterner on April 23, 2022, 07:08:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2022, 03:45:19 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 23, 2022, 03:43:18 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2022, 03:34:58 PM
I guess antagonizing the Facebook truck groups wasn't such a hot idea after all:

https://fb.watch/cA3yVhf_Xh/

Crash won't be happy until he is the only one on the road.

But even then he wouldn't be happy. He wouldn't have anyone to honk at and make videos of.

With all that flatness I'm just shocked that the trucker (probably from the evil state of Wisconsin) couldn't see him from several blocks away.

Trucker probably also working for Entenmann's ...

Revenge is best served when it was filmed a year ago.

Where do you get the idea that was filmed a year ago? I filmed that Friday morning on my way to work

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on April 24, 2022, 03:38:56 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2022, 07:12:12 PM
Quote from: dlsterner on April 23, 2022, 07:08:23 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2022, 03:45:19 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on April 23, 2022, 03:43:18 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 23, 2022, 03:34:58 PM
I guess antagonizing the Facebook truck groups wasn't such a hot idea after all:

https://fb.watch/cA3yVhf_Xh/

Crash won't be happy until he is the only one on the road.

But even then he wouldn't be happy. He wouldn't have anyone to honk at and make videos of.

With all that flatness I'm just shocked that the trucker (probably from the evil state of Wisconsin) couldn't see him from several blocks away.

Trucker probably also working for Entenmann's ...

Revenge is best served when it was filmed a year ago.

Where do you get the idea that was filmed a year ago? I filmed that Friday morning on my way to work

You sure did think that the Entenmann's driver had it in for you three years after the fact. 

formulanone

Quote from: Rothman on November 18, 2021, 04:22:45 PM
Quote from: Crash_It on November 18, 2021, 12:58:56 PM

When you come to a different state, you are a visitor and are expected to treat the residents with respect. That's what I do when I'm in Indiana visiting my ex girlfriend.

Are we going to talk about this or just let this one go? :D

Yes, because dealing with psychological issues in a professional manner is well above my pay grade and expertise.

However, my unprofessional manner is free of charge.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: formulanone on April 24, 2022, 10:31:40 AM

When you come to a different state, you are a visitor and are expected to treat the residents with respect. That's what I do when I'm in Indiana visiting my ex girlfriend.

Yes, because dealing with psychological issues in a professional manner is well above my pay grade and expertise.

My understanding is, if you aren't from Illinois you are default mentally ill or potentially worse.  The world is out to get Illinois, how do you guys not understand this?

Rothman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on April 24, 2022, 10:38:10 AM

My understanding is, if you aren't from Illinois you are default mentally ill or potentially worse.  The world is out to get Illinois, how do you guys not understand this?
Butbutbut...visiting the ex...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

formulanone

Quote from: Rothman on April 24, 2022, 10:43:07 AM

Sometimes an ex is just an X.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Rothman on April 24, 2022, 10:43:07 AM

Wasn't the ex from Indiana or something?...scandalous...

Max Rockatansky

Beautiful flat scenery and the satisfaction that you turned the entire trucking industry against you:

https://fb.watch/cRd04DNYh7/

I would imagine Crash is somewhere right now all like:

Flint1979

Illinois is the second flattest state in the nation.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Flint1979 on May 06, 2022, 10:20:21 PM

But first on hating truckers and Wisconsinites.

Crash_It

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on May 06, 2022, 03:46:53 PM
Beautiful flat scenery and the satisfaction that you turned the entire trucking industry against you:

It's 2 possibly 3 forms of discrimination I'm facing there.

1) they don't like it when 4 wheelers highlight their own wrongdoings knowing that if it happened to them by another one of their own, they would be pissed

2) not Republican like they are

3) I'm also a POC which is proven by the music playing on my car radio. They always love to argue and point out flaws with a POC.

Crash_It

Completely false, that would be Louisiana or Mississippi. They don't have much variance between the lowest and highest points.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Crash_It on May 07, 2022, 08:34:07 AM

Completely false, that would be Louisiana or Mississippi. They don't have much variance between the lowest and highest points.
Not according to University of Kansas
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Crash_It on May 07, 2022, 08:32:29 AM

1) they don't like it when 4 wheelers highlight their own wrongdoings knowing that if it happened to them by another one of their own, they would be pissed

3) I'm also a POC which is proven by the music playing on my car radio. They always love to argue and point out flaws with a POC.

And yet you persist posting to their truck pages on your own volition, do you expect a different result?  How do you know the political leanings of the people responding to you, are you implying you believe al truckers are Republicans?  Also, how does listening to any particular genre of music denote a person's ethnicity? 

SSOWorld

Just a reminder - pick you words wisely.  Politics is not allowed - unless it is related directly to roads

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=992.msg24507#msg24507
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

SectorZ

Congrats on expecting everyone to be a walking stereotype. I guess acts like Jimi Hendrix, Living Colour, and Fear Factory must be filled with the whitest people on the planet...

Flint1979

Quote from: Crash_It on May 07, 2022, 08:34:07 AM

Prove that it's false.

Flint1979

You know what's funny is that the part of Michigan I live in is flat as a pancake. Saginaw County is very flat as is the thumb of Michigan.

Southern Michigan is hilly, Oakland County is hilly, northern Michigan is hilly, the western U.P. is hilly but in no way am I going to say that Michigan is hilly overall as a state that would be silly. You are taking slight elevation change because of a small hill or something and claiming that Illinois is not flat because of that.

Saginaw County also lacks a natural inland lake which is rare for a Michigan county especially one as large in area as Saginaw County. Michigan boosts thousands of lakes but I'm not going to go telling people that Saginaw County has lakes because it doesn't. And all you are doing is trying to prove your right by showing GSV's that don't show any elevation change.

I have been through Illinois and have not seen these hills you keep talking about. Illinois has a lot of farm land and that farm land is there because of the flatness. Saginaw County and the thumb area in Michigan also has a lot of farm land because of the flatness. There is no need to keep trying to prove to anyone that Illinois isn't flat, it is flat and so is Saginaw County, Michigan but you don't see me trying to say it isn't.

dlsterner

Also amusing is that Cra_shit gets bent out of shape with Illinois being described as "flat", as if being flat is inherently a bad thing.  It's just a description - it's not meant to be positive or negative.

Sounds like he just wants to argue against anybody else's opinion.

JoePCool14

I know the whole "Illinois is flat" thing is a meme, but how is this question still being seriously debated?

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 07, 2022, 05:22:27 PM
I know the whole "Illinois is flat" thing is a meme, but how is this question still being seriously debated?

Maybe one day they'll make a movie about all this?

Trailer intro for Illinois is Flat:

"In a world where is everything has geographic variation, one State stands alone..."

thspfc

You did not just play the race card 😂

Rothman

I just noticed that the music one listens to determines their race.  Egads.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 07, 2022, 05:22:27 PM
Because Cra_shit keeps arguing about it.

Crash_It

Quote from: Flint1979 on May 07, 2022, 03:39:04 PM
You know what's funny is that the part of Michigan I live in is flat as a pancake. Saginaw County is very flat as is the thumb of Michigan.

Southern Michigan is hilly, Oakland County is hilly, northern Michigan is hilly, the western U.P. is hilly but in no way am I going to say that Michigan is hilly overall as a state that would be silly. You are taking slight elevation change because of a small hill or something and claiming that Illinois is not flat because of that.

Saginaw County also lacks a natural inland lake which is rare for a Michigan county especially one as large in area as Saginaw County. Michigan boosts thousands of lakes but I'm not going to go telling people that Saginaw County has lakes because it doesn't. And all you are doing is trying to prove your right by showing GSV's that don't show any elevation change.

I have been through Illinois and have not seen these hills you keep talking about. Illinois has a lot of farm land and that farm land is there because of the flatness. Saginaw County and the thumb area in Michigan also has a lot of farm land because of the flatness. There is no need to keep trying to prove to anyone that Illinois isn't flat, it is flat and so is Saginaw County, Michigan but you don't see me trying to say it isn't.

You can actually look at a map and see that about Saginaw County. Only a few Illinois counties actually look like Saginaw County on a map. Get off of I55 and you'll see that Illinois isn't flat. For example I used to think Montgomery County was flat until I drove IL127.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.