Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Drum solos

<< < (4/4)

roadman65:
Itís good to hear as bridge between two verses or between a verse and the chorus.

Perfect example would be in The End off the Beatles Abbey Road. Ringo does a small solo between the intro and the main verse.

skluth:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on May 31, 2022, 09:41:50 AM ---Itís good to hear as bridge between two verses or between a verse and the chorus.

Perfect example would be in The End off the Beatles Abbey Road. Ringo does a small solo between the intro and the main verse.

--- End quote ---

As I said in the second post in this thread, "Any drum solo longer than Ringo's on Abbey Road is too long."

triplemultiplex:
Long drum solos were invented so the rest of the band could rip another line of coke offstage and keep going.

roadman65:

--- Quote from: skluth on May 31, 2022, 10:37:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on May 31, 2022, 09:41:50 AM ---Itís good to hear as bridge between two verses or between a verse and the chorus.

--- End quote ---

As I said in the second post in this thread, "Any drum solo longer than Ringo's on Abbey Road is too long."

--- End quote ---

Well Keith Moon on Love Reign Oíer Me is accompanied by Entwistleís bass and Townsend beating his guitar to give the Quadraphinia Rock Opera a Grand Ending.

BTW if I spelled the opera wrong  certain spell checkers, no pun intended. Tired of looking up obvious words.

7/8:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on May 20, 2022, 08:00:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: 7/8 on May 20, 2022, 03:08:53 PM ---The YouTube video doesn't work for me (it says "video unavailable"). What's the name of the song? I can see it's Rush from the thumbnail and I like them. :)

--- End quote ---

It's "Working Man/Finding My Way" from the "All The World's A Stage" album.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, just listened to it now, Neil Peart is a beast on the drum kit!

A great one for me is the live version of Indiscipline off Absent Lovers by King Crimson. The song starts with a fantastic drum solo by Bill Bruford (and his drumming is killer throughout the whole song!)
//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgUYIdHHZeQ

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version