Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Drum solos

<< < (2/4) > >>

kphoger:
I mean, I like the drum groove in that song, always have.  But to me, it's a groove, not a solo.

As for my favorite drum parts that aren't solos, I'm partial to Refrigerator Car by the Spin Doctors.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WEas2Tgz6M

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 03:07:07 PM ---I like the drum solo on Dave Brubeck's Take Five.

--- End quote ---

Joe Morello's aptitude with 5/4 time was the whole reason "Take Five" was written. (Apparently he'd been bugging Brubeck to put together a 5/4 piece for a while so he could show off, which lead to the idea of the Time Out album.) Working in 5/4 was difficult enough for everyone else that it took more than 20 takes and two sessions to get the album version.

jp the roadgeek:

--- Quote from: skluth on May 20, 2022, 03:02:32 PM ---Any drum solo longer than Ringo's on Abbey Road is too long

--- End quote ---

Then I guess this one isn’t up your alley, although it includes Lee Oskar, the harmonica player from War (think Low Rider) and author Ken Kesey.

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpPJyCGd73g

adventurernumber1:
Cream’s “Toad,” Led Zeppelin’s “Moby Dick,” and Black Sabbath’s “Rat Salad” are all classic drum solos from the early rock genre and are all very good.

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: 7/8 on May 20, 2022, 03:08:53 PM ---The YouTube video doesn't work for me (it says "video unavailable"). What's the name of the song? I can see it's Rush from the thumbnail and I like them. :)

--- End quote ---

It's "Working Man/Finding My Way" from the "All The World's A Stage" album.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version