News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2023 College Football Season

Started by NWI_Irish96, August 09, 2022, 07:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWI_Irish96

I'll kick things off (pun intended) with my predictions for the New Year's Six Bowls:

Cotton: Notre Dame (Independent) over Houston (AAC and highest ranked G5 champion)
Orange: Clemson (ACC champion) over Kentucky (SEC East 2nd place)
Sugar: Texas A&M (SEC West 2nd place) over Oklahoma (Big 12 Champion)
Rose: Oregon (PAC 12 North Champion) over Michigan (Big Ten East 2nd place)

CFP/Peach: Alabama (SEC Champion) over Utah (PAC 12 Champion)
CFP/Fiesta: Ohio State (BIG Champion) over Georgia (SEC East winner)
CFP Final: Alabama over Ohio State
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

ran4sh

I think the defending national champions will at least make it back to the CFP final game.

Go Dawgs!
Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

CoreySamson

I made my W-L predictions for the SEC a few days ago...

SEC West:
1. Alabama (11-1)
2. Arkansas (9-3)
3. Texas A&M (9-3)
4. Ole Miss (9-3)
5. LSU (7-5)
6. Mississippi State (6-6)
7. Auburn (3-9)

SEC East:
1. Georgia (12-0)
2. Kentucky (10-2)
3. Tennessee (8-4)
4. Florida (6-6)
5. South Carolina (5-7)
6. Missouri (5-7)
7. Vanderbilt (2-10)

I also expect Alabama to beat Georgia in the SEC championship again.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

ET21

Go NIU Huskies, lets go back to back again in the MAC
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Billy F 1988

I think with some of the shakeups going on in the world of CFP, I'm eager to see if Bobby Hauck and his band of maroon and silver clad boys can finally bring the biggie home for Montana. It's been 21 years since the 2001 D1AA/FCS title game against Furman and 27 years from the first D1AA/FCS title game against Marshall. Early predictions from Leerfield have Montana in a favorable position. The biggest thing to notch off the list of rivals this upcoming season is Idaho. Since Idaho is back in FCS play, they've ramped up a bit on their gameplay. There are two new schools we haven't played yet. Northwestern State and Indiana State. It'll be interesting to see how these two square up. Idaho State has sort of been a bur up Montana's backside over the last few years. Eastern Washington is an FCS magnet. They've got a pretty stout roster in several areas. And yes, them dadgum skitty kitties of Montana State! If coach Hauck and his boys notch them off at the "Brawl of the Wild" game, they'll be in pretty sound territory to make another FCS playoff run.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Roadgeekteen

One of the last seasons untill CFB is ruined by UCLA and USC joining the Big 10.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hbelkins

As I said in another thread recently, one phrase you will never hear me say is "Roll Tide."

The number of bandwagon Alabama fans around here amazes me. Even diehard Kentucky fans root for the Tide. And they like to throw off on Ohio State.

The only time I ever root for Tennessee is when the Vols are playing Alabama.

Everyone has these great expectations for UK football this year. I think Wildcat fans are in for a bit of a letdown.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: hbelkins on August 11, 2022, 03:43:04 PM
The number of bandwagon Alabama fans around here amazes me. Even diehard Kentucky fans root for the Tide. And they like to throw off on Ohio State.

The SEC fanbase has this weird fetish of "if not my team, better another SEC team than someone else" even if it's a bitter rival of their school. I don't understand it at all. You'll never catch me dead rooting for Wisconsin (in any sport), Ohio State (football), or Michigan (football).
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

ran4sh

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on August 12, 2022, 05:29:48 PM

The SEC fanbase has this weird fetish of "if not my team, better another SEC team than someone else" even if it's a bitter rival of their school. I don't understand it at all. You'll never catch me dead rooting for Wisconsin (in any sport), Ohio State (football), or Michigan (football).

That's because the rest of the country hates us. In particular, fans of Big Ten teams love to hate SEC teams, despite the fact that the Big Ten conference has a lot more influence on college football in general than the SEC does.
Control cities CAN be off the route! Control cities make NO sense if signs end before the city is reached!

Travel Mapping - Most Traveled: I-40, 20, 10, 5, 95 - Longest Clinched: I-20, 85, 24, 16, NJ Tpk mainline
Champions - UGA FB '21 '22 - Atlanta Braves '95 '21 - Atlanta MLS '18

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: ran4sh on August 12, 2022, 06:40:56 PM

That's because the rest of the country hates us. In particular, fans of Big Ten teams love to hate SEC teams, despite the fact that the Big Ten conference has a lot more influence on college football in general than the SEC does.

I think the big reason that people dislike SEC teams is that they're afraid to play games farther north than Lexington.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

thspfc

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on August 12, 2022, 10:10:39 PM
Quote from: ran4sh on August 12, 2022, 06:40:56 PM

I think the big reason that people dislike SEC teams is that they're afraid to play games farther north than Lexington.
Nah. It's because they're good. People will say stuff, maybe "the media favors them"  or "they're scared to play north of Kentucky" . But really, people hate them because they're good.

index

Did anyone else see that hail Mary from the App State game today? I was at that game and thought we were done for only for that to happen. It was so exciting I got chills as I was storming the field with my group (probably also because I was drunk). That is definitely gonna be something to remember.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

Big John

Alps

Quote from: index on September 17, 2022, 11:04:52 PM
Did anyone else see that hail Mary from the App State game today? I was at that game and thought we were done for only for that to happen. It was so exciting I got chills as I was storming the field with my group (probably also because I was drunk). That is definitely gonna be something to remember.
your signature says ETSU, that's not ASU

JayhawkCO

My boys are surprisingly 3-0. Big campaign going on to get Gameday next week against similarly 3-0 Duke.

Roadgeekteen

UMASS WON. I would have been at the game but I got covid :(
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Rothman

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 18, 2022, 01:47:06 AM
Heh.  A true miracle.

Been a good season for upsets so far.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Ted$8roadFan

Very happy UMass won.  But I don't know why (besides exposure and $) Toledo plays Ohio State.

kurumi

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 18, 2022, 01:47:06 AM

And they now have the non-"conference" tiebreaker over UConn; this could become crucial in December :-)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

thspfc

index

Quote from: Alps on September 18, 2022, 01:09:32 AM
Just because I don't go there anymore for school doesn't mean I can't go to the games.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

KeithE4Phx

Herm Edwards has been let go at Arizona State, after losing to Eastern Michigan at home last night.  Should have happened after last season.  He is just not a college coach.

https://arizonasports.com/story/2692730/herm-edwards-arizona-state-football-agree-to-part-ways/
"Oh, so you hate your job? Well, why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called "EVERYBODY!" They meet at the bar." -- Drew Carey

Alps

Quote from: index on September 18, 2022, 05:14:34 PM
Quote from: Alps on September 18, 2022, 01:09:32 AM
Just because I don't go there anymore for school doesn't mean I can't go to the games.

Oh you went there for a year? My bad, then it makes perfect sense!

US 89

An absolutely pathetic blowout loss at home for my Yellow Jackets this weekend. Yes, Ole Miss is ranked and good, but they aren't shutout-42-to-zero-in-Atlanta good. That's the kind of thing I would only expect to see from the likes of georgia or Alabama.

The on-field talent isn't that bad either - we've had decent recruiting classes for the last several years and managed to retain most of them (big exception is Jahmyr Gibbs, who was so good he transferred to Alabama and I don't blame him one bit). The problem is the coaching. Last year we fired our offensive coordinator and a couple of other coaches, but our head coach Collins absolutely needs to go. My bet is he gets fired either after this season or midway through after an especially bad loss. He took over a program that wasn't necessarily championship caliber but could at least be competitive in the ACC...and ran it into the ground. A new coach would energize the team and also the fanbase who is sick of the last three years of constant hype videos and marketing and branding with no on-field product to back it up.

Billy F 1988

Montana just made Portland State a write-off. They're still in the top five FCS rankings, but, at one point, they were #2. Despite the three non-conference wins, plus the home win today, three other teams already snagged their first in-conference wins in early outings. That's Montana State, Northern Colorado, and Idaho. Sacramento State hasn't played an in-conference game yet, but they're #4 and the Grizzlies now sit at #5 with a 4-0 outing after roasting Portland State 53-16. Idaho is next then Idaho State the following week, so it'll be interesting to see how Montana plays out in what I will dub the "Potato Series". The Idaho game is at home while Idaho State is a road game.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.