Longest signed interval between gas stations

Started by oscar, September 23, 2011, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

For the interstates its I-70 across the San Rafael Swells in UT.  From Salina to Green River is 108 miles without gas, but Alex says though at one interchange in between you can access fuel by traveling 10 miles off the interstate.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Kniwt

Quote from: oscar on October 27, 2011, 10:11:27 AM
Here's a photo I took two days ago, on US 6 just west of Ely NV.  This may be the longest signed interval between gas stations anywhere in the lower 48:

I was in Ely today, and that part of the road appears to have been recently reconstructed, and the signs were all replaced -- including the sign about no gas on, um, US US 6.

Edit to add: And strictly speaking, the proper phrasing should be "Next Gas on US 6 167 Miles," since there is indeed gas near Lund on NV 318, just 7 miles off US 6. Surprised they didn't fix that when they ordered the new sign.

KCRoadFan

This isn't as long as some of the other ones, but I thought I'd post it: this trading post/gas station on US 20 in eastern Oregon, just east of Burns.

Next gas eastbound: 68 miles.

(Pardon the bump - this was a thread I happened to come across from Google, when I was looking up the infamous Salina-Green River gap in Utah, and I decided to add my own example from a past Street View trip.)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.