News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Traffic Announcers that you think should not be reporting traffic

Started by roadman65, October 05, 2011, 08:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpzilliacus

Quote from: froggie on February 11, 2012, 04:23:51 PM
QuoteWTOP decided to bring all traffic reporting in-house about a year ago, so they had to hire a slew of people, but they could not get any of their former on-air reporters except Bob (who always worked for WTOP), since the rest of them worked for Metro Networks.  As a result, the former WTOP A.M. drive time reporter, Lisa Baden, is now heard on WNEW.

A loss for WTOP, IMO.  Lisa had some good quips and one-liners when she was with WTOP.

Apparently there were some people at WTOP who wanted her to come to work for them when they phased-out Metro Networks, but her contract with Metro Networks did not allow that.  So now she's heard on WNEW.

Recent Post article about WNEW and WTOP: WNEW all-news radio station is both boon and bane for D.C.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

roadman

The traffic reporters in Boston (regardless of station) always refer to the lower section of I-93 between Canton and Braintree as Route 128.  There's only one problem with this:  the '128' designation was officially discontinued south (compass direction east) of Canton by the state of MA in 1989, and the last Route 128 route signs were removed from this section of highway by early 1991.

My other pet peeve with Boston traffic reporters is their constant use of the phrase "in the clearing stages" (instead of the simpler statement "being cleared") to refer to breakdowns and crashes.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.