Logo sign installation laws per state

Started by Pink Jazz, May 23, 2017, 12:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

Quote from: roadfro on May 28, 2017, 06:06:40 PM
Nevada was left out of the list. Logo signs are allowed in all areas, but use in urban areas is limited by sign spacing standards so these signs are usually on the edges of urban areas.

Last time I was in Vegas I actually saw them pretty close in on most freeways, found frequently on I-15 and US 95/I-515, but for some unknown reason I-215 did not have them.

roadfro

Quote from: Pink Jazz on May 28, 2017, 09:39:44 PM
Quote from: roadfro on May 28, 2017, 06:06:40 PM
Nevada was left out of the list. Logo signs are allowed in all areas, but use in urban areas is limited by sign spacing standards so these signs are usually on the edges of urban areas.

Last time I was in Vegas I actually saw them pretty close in on most freeways, found frequently on I-15 and US 95/I-515, but for some unknown reason I-215 did not have them.

Well, they're definitely not close in like to downtown due to sign spreading. There's probably more along I-515 than anything else.

You likely don't find logo signs along I-215 because most of that route is under Clark County jurisdiction, not NDOT. That, and it's not really a tourist corridor, logo signage is probably a bit less effective there.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

Pink Jazz

Note that New Mexico's logo sign contract is currently up for bid, since Interstate Logos' contract with NMDOT is expiring (they signed the contract in 2009, with a four year base period and four option years).  I wonder whatever company is selected to administer the logo sign program in New Mexico will install logo signs on Albuquerque freeways.  The RFP document includes provisions to allow logo signs in urban or suburban areas where spacing allows.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.