News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Songs that annoy you/send you into a rage?

Started by CapeCodder, February 08, 2018, 03:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

Let's just agree that all Top 40 music sucks. Which is why I refer to KISS FM-branded stations as SUCK FM (with the exception being if they do not play any Top 40, like 106.1 here in Seattle, which is actually a Hot AC station, and I can tolerate that format because it plays the older 90s hits that I like better). Also on my hate list: all other music that was made beyond 2005, with 35 (the age I turned that year) the natural cutoff point for new music purchases. So to the likes of Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Sam Smith, Rihanna, Beyoncé and even Adele, that's a no for me.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

inkyatari

Quote from: Henry on February 09, 2018, 10:13:15 AM
Let's just agree that all Top 40 music sucks.

No.

In the last 10 years or so I started listening to Gorillaz, Linkin Park, and Panic! At The Disco, and I pretty much have gotten into the music of all three groups, especially Panic!
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

renegade

Quote from: CapeCodder on February 08, 2018, 03:08:18 PM#3 Wild, Wild West by Escape Club. This is a great example of why some people hate 80's music. The lyrics are cheesy and the beat is incredibly repetitive.
Actually, that one is one of my favorites.

The song that used to drive me crazy was Mr. Big's "To Be With You."  I thought it was a really weak, overplayed single for a band that had a lot of potential.

However, I was saddened to hear of the passing of drummer Pat Torpey on February 7.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

allniter89

:hmmm: Dream Weaver by Gary Wright?, You Light Up My Life by Debbie Boone.
BUY AMERICAN MADE.
SPEED SAFELY.

index

The background music in Home Depot and NAPA Auto Parts' advertisements.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

adventurernumber1

Oh, I just remembered something else:

"Barbie Girl" by Aqua

I would find it hard to believe that too many people on this forum like this song, or anywhere, for that matter.

I definitely cannot stand the song.  :ded:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on February 10, 2018, 03:04:19 AM

"Barbie Girl" by Aqua

I would find it hard to believe that too many people on this forum like this song, or anywhere, for that matter.

"Come on Barbie, let's go potty!"

Somehow I've been lucky enough to manage not to have heard that song, but doing a quick read-through of the lyrics, it sounds entirely too sexual for a song about a plastic toy doll for little girls.
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

CapeCodder

Quote from: 20160805 on February 10, 2018, 07:14:28 AM

"Barbie Girl" by Aqua

Somehow I've been lucky enough to manage not to have heard that song, but doing a quick read-through of the lyrics, it sounds entirely too sexual for a song about a plastic toy doll for little girls.

"Oh, I'm having so much fun!" "Well Barbie, we're just getting started!"

That one was bad when it came out. We Like to Party! by Vengaboys was bad too. When it came to Eurodance I liked Snap! and Culture Beat.

SectorZ

This thread is great because it's literally a random amalgamate of dislike.

"Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night. As a metalhead I love my classic rock, but that song sends me for the stratosphere.

Also, most any pop music post-1992 or so, along with every bit of hip-hop that goes with it.

cjk374

Quote from: roadman65 on February 08, 2018, 06:33:23 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on February 08, 2018, 06:31:08 PM
Any of the new songs from Taylor Swift.  "Look What You Made Me Do" makes me wonder what I did to her.
Considering she started out as country she sure caught the fame fever.  I, though, must admit some of her new stuff is not bad, but then again its not classic Taylor Swift though.

Taylor Swift..... GAG ME WITH A SPOON!!!!  :banghead:  She has always reminded me of an 80s Valley Girl born in the wrong decade for some reason.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Takumi

Quote from: CapeCodder on February 10, 2018, 11:01:46 AM

"Barbie Girl" by Aqua

That one was bad when it came out. We Like to Party! by Vengaboys was bad too. When it came to Eurodance I liked Snap! and Culture Beat.
I know what I want and I want it now.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

CapeCodder

Quote from: Takumi on February 11, 2018, 04:30:05 PM
Quote from: CapeCodder on February 10, 2018, 11:01:46 AM

"Barbie Girl" by Aqua

I know what I want and I want it now.

I want you, 'cause I'm Mr. Vain!

Would I Lie to You? by Charles and Eddie. No one in our house liked that song. I also have a dislike of Tina Turner's I Don't Wanna Fight.

Hurricane Rex

Any song that is marginally sexual (a lot of post 2010 songs) but to me that doesn't compare to this song.

United we Dance by Vicetone. For whatever reason it has 6 versions on Pandora and all 6 come up on my running station when I turn it on (I refuse to use thumbs down as my dad likes that song). It plays once every 2 hours compared to one of my favorites: Hero by Pegboard Nerds and that has 2 versions and only comes up once every 8-12 hours (once to twice a week). That isn't even mentioning repeating bad beats IMO.

A lot of remixes.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

roadman65

Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light.  Especially the middle verses.  They are not in the original Springsteen composition and fact is there is a version (the single version) that leaves that out particularly.   

When I drove through Kansas and Oklahoma I found radio stations playing the short single version and it sounded much better that the long version with the slowdown part.   Right after the Early Birdie Whirlly ( or little Early Curly) the song would go into the outro and then the song that is played out so much is done.

Margarita, that song from the mid 90's, that the DNC I believe wanted to use for their song.  To me that one was so annoying mainly because it had the line where the girls said something to the effect of fooling around because the boyfriend was a loser, where if the genders were turned it would be sexist and mean to women.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

wanderer2575

I can deal with most Christmas songs, even the novelty ones, but Lord help you and your radio if I hear it playing "Feliz Navidad."

roadman65

I cannot stand Jackson Five I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus with young Michael Jackson saying "I did, I did, see Mommy Kissing Santa,"  copying Tweetie in Sylvester and Tweety "I did, I did see a putty tat."
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

CapeCodder

Quote from: wanderer2575 on February 12, 2018, 10:11:09 PM
I can deal with most Christmas songs, even the novelty ones, but Lord help you and your radio if I hear it playing "Feliz Navidad."

For me it's not so much that one as it is Christmas Shoes.

Rothman

Quote from: CapeCodder on February 12, 2018, 10:39:13 PM

For me it's not so much that one as it is Christmas Shoes.
I loathe that stupid Christmas shoes song.  Yep, Jesus cares what shoes your mother wears, so spend time at the store spending your last dime on them rather than with her.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Quote from: roadman65 on February 12, 2018, 07:44:26 PM
Manfred Mann's Blinded By The Light.  Especially the middle verses.  They are not in the original Springsteen composition and fact is there is a version (the single version) that leaves that out particularly.   

When I drove through Kansas and Oklahoma I found radio stations playing the short single version and it sounded much better that the long version with the slowdown part.   Right after the Early Birdie Whirlly ( or little Early Curly) the song would go into the outro and then the song that is played out so much is done.

Margarita, that song from the mid 90's, that the DNC I believe wanted to use for their song.  To me that one was so annoying mainly because it had the line where the girls said something to the effect of fooling around because the boyfriend was a loser, where if the genders were turned it would be sexist and mean to women.

I love Blinded by the Light  :no:

"Wrapped up like a douche...another runner in the night..."

And yes, most Christmas music is utterly bland and does not deserve to be forced onto us for two months (!) out of every year.  The exception is Bob Rivers - "The Twelve Pains of Christmas" (1988) :D
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

plain

"You Rock My World" by Michael Jackson makes me wanna snap.

I despise most R&B that came out after 1990. To me that's when it lost its funk, soul, and originality. Just boring after 1990.

Don't care much for Rap that came out after 2005 or so, the lyrics are especially dumbed down after 2012 (aka "mumble" rap) and money, sex and violence has basically dominated everything radio-wise since about 2000 anyway.

I don't care for Rock that came out after about 1988.

Can't stand Country, period.
Newark born, Richmond bred

ET21

Rebel For Kicks or whatever that song is called that appeared over the last 6 months.....
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

inkyatari

"Amy Grant's new song is lame
She should hang her head in shame
Ask anyone and they'll tell you it's true
Amy Grant's new song sounds like poo."
I'm never wrong, just wildly inaccurate.

mgk920

Quote from: 20160805 on February 13, 2018, 07:04:51 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on February 12, 2018, 07:44:26 PM

I love Blinded by the Light  :no:

"Wrapped up like a douche...another runner in the night..."

The correct lyrics is:
"Revved up like a deuce....", as in a hot-rodded mid 20th century two-door coupe.

:-P

Mike

CapeCodder

Quote from: inkyatari on February 13, 2018, 08:57:26 AM
"Amy Grant's new song is lame
She should hang her head in shame
Ask anyone and they'll tell you it's true
Amy Grant's new song sounds like poo."

EVERY POO BREAK BELONGS TO YOU!

roadman

As annoying as it can be, I can never get mad when I hear Feliz Navidad.  That's because the first time I remember hearing it was on a new clock radio on Christmas morning in 1972, which was three days after my mother was released from the hospital - she had suffered a heart attack four weeks earlier.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.