News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US-96 to become an Interstate?

Started by CoreySamson, March 25, 2020, 01:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker

Quote from: ethanhopkin14 on July 30, 2021, 01:59:59 PM
Quote from: Anthony_JK on July 30, 2021, 12:05:43 PM
Thanks, but I fail to see the need for any Interstate, or even a freeway, on US 96 north of the US 69 split. Four-laning TX 105 from Lumberton to Cleveland where it meets US 59/Future I-69 would be a good enough connection.

Oh no!  Not the "good enough" argument again.

Pretty much the only way an Interstate between the 69/96 split in Lumberton and anywhere north of there on 96 would be considered is if I-14 were to become an active concept along its projected pathway out of TX and across to Alexandria, LA; then as a connector down to the port area.  But east of I-69, it's likely that such a I-14 corridor won't see the light of day in our lifetimes; there's just no organized effort nor viable political clout to pull off such a limited-value corridor segment.  But again, a conditional rationale for this would be if US 165 north of Alexandria eventually connects to the AR 530 N-S corridor in that state (as a further I-57 extension?); I-14 would then be a useful way to shunt any traffic from that route over into TX (pardon the veer into quasi-fictional territory).  Otherwise, effectively nada!

jbnv

Anything that puts an interstate onto the the US 165 and LA 28 corridors is more likely to happen than Louisiana building its segment of I-69.
🆕 Louisiana Highways on Twitter | Yes, I like Clearview. Deal with it. | Redos: US | La. | Route Challenge

Thegeet

Quote from: kphoger on July 30, 2021, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: kphoger on July 27, 2021, 03:06:19 PM
If nobody here knows of any actual agency considering the upgrade, then the edit on Wikipedia should probably be disputed.

Thank you, whoever that was.

Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=U.S._Route_96&action=history
03:08, 28 July 2021‎
WindowsOSXLinuxBSD
21,683 bytes −594‎
Unsourced information
Tags: Mobile edit Mobile web edit Visual edit
Oh and btw, that was me. (Not kidding) You're welcome.

sparker

Quote from: jbnv on August 04, 2021, 04:47:47 PM
Anything that puts an interstate onto the the US 165 and LA 28 corridors is more likely to happen than Louisiana building its segment of I-69.

Mosey on over to the I-14/TX thread for breaking news on this front.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.