News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

^^^ Complete with Candy Cane Street and Rudolph Way!

Google Maps link

joseph1723

Here's another one:

Who ever decided that 407 ETR was a King's Highway and should use a crown shield like ON 401 and using helvetica for shield is a big no no.

:banghead:

CL

Quote from: joseph1723 on March 18, 2010, 12:49:08 AM
Here's another one:

Who ever decided that 407 ETR was a King's Highway and should use a crown shield like ON 401 and using helvetica for shield is a big no no.

:banghead:

And unfortunately, the font on those shields is worse than Helvetica: it's Arial! Check out that horrible one.
Infrastructure. The city.

joseph1723

Quote from: CL on March 18, 2010, 07:17:25 PM
And unfortunately, the font on those shields is worse than Helvetica: it's Arial! Check out that horrible one.

Yeah I didn't notice that the font was Arial. I believe that shield a actually a product of the city of Mississauga and not the MTO which explains the weirdness of it. Imho I'll take a clearview shield over this one.

D-Dey65

Nearly several years ago, I suggested new CR shields on Interstate 75 at Exit 309 in southern Sumter County, Florida to FDOT District #5. Unfortunatley, they screwed them up.

Sumter County Road 673 goes east and west, and Sumter County Road 476B goes north and south.

Yes, that's my hairy arm in the side-view mirror.  :-P

Hellfighter

Way wrong and way too good!

agentsteel53

Quote from: Hellfighter on March 19, 2010, 01:42:36 PM

.. I don't get it?

and I'm fairly well-versed with roads.  The average audience of the failblog and related sites will have an even harder time figuring out whatever needs to be figured out here.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

froggie

Might have something to do with the guy who looks like he's gonna nunchuck Hoboken...

(not to mention where Hoboken and Secaucus are in relation to I-76....in other words, not even close...)

rawmustard

Quote from: froggie on March 19, 2010, 02:31:25 PM
Might have something to do with the guy who looks like he's gonna nunchuck Hoboken...

(not to mention where Hoboken and Secaucus are in relation to I-76....in other words, not even close...)

Nunchuck? Looks more like he's about to release a hadouken. :D

Michael

EpicWinFTW and FailBlog are both Cheezburger sites.  I go to many of their sites on a regular basis.

Duke87

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 19, 2010, 02:02:03 PM
.. I don't get it?

It's a video game joke. Street Fighter and other similar games, specifically (or Megaman X).

"Hoboken" is only a few letters away from "Hadouken" (often misspelled "Hadoken", which is even closer). They're also pronounced somewhat similarly.
As for the arrows and the icon, those are the buttons you press to perform the move. Down, down-forward, Forward+Punch.

Although, I have no idea why that gantry in particular was photoshopped. The actual sign says "Atlantic City", not "Secaucus    Hoboken".

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

agentsteel53

and here I had been starting to think (yes, I thought about this way too much) that down, diagonal, over, and fist was standard New Jersey merging behavior, to be executed in the three miles before the off-ramp!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

corco

Here's a directional error on 30 East as you exit off I-86 to head into West Pocatello. This should be US-30 EAST towards Pokie

30 second later edit: Whoa- just realized it probably means "30" to "West Pocatello." Still- that's spaced weird.

Mr. Matté

Quote from: Duke87 on March 20, 2010, 12:41:55 AM
Although, I have no idea why that gantry in particular was photoshopped. The actual sign says "Atlantic City", not "Secaucus    Hoboken".

OBTopic: Why does a New Jersey exit have a Pennsylvania number?

Alps

Quote from: Mr. Matté on March 20, 2010, 02:48:42 AM
Quote from: Duke87 on March 20, 2010, 12:41:55 AM
Although, I have no idea why that gantry in particular was photoshopped. The actual sign says "Atlantic City", not "Secaucus    Hoboken".

OBTopic: Why does a New Jersey exit have a Pennsylvania number?
The actual exit doesn't.  The sign was erected by the bridge commission.  Blame them for inventing it.

Alex

Hellfighter

Quote from: AARoads on March 20, 2010, 11:28:57 AM
Quote from: Hellfighter on March 19, 2010, 01:42:36 PM

And the original was taken by AARoads.

...and it looks like it was photoshopped! Damn, way too good to be true...

myosh_tino

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 20, 2010, 12:51:44 AM
and here I had been starting to think (yes, I thought about this way too much) that down, diagonal, over, and fist was standard New Jersey merging behavior, to be executed in the three miles before the off-ramp!
Yeah, I have to admit that sign had me fooled.  When I read your post, I started to think that sequence of arrows and symbols meant to...

1) duck down (down)
2) blindly change lanes (diagonal)
3) pull all the way over to the shoulder (right)
4) get into a fist fight with the guy you cut off when you made your move (fist)

and do it all over the next 3 miles. :biggrin:
Quote from: golden eagle
If I owned a dam and decided to donate it to charity, would I be giving a dam? I'm sure that might be a first because no one really gives a dam.

OracleUsr

Either that, or the guy on the left is from the NJ DOT and is cursing the bad Exit # (which isn't even the highest on a PA interstate, thanks to I-276)
Anti-center-tabbing, anti-sequential-numbering, anti-Clearview BGS FAN

okroads

U.S. 22 in Arkansas?

U.S. 59 shield instead of AR 59

shoptb1

Quote from: okroads on March 31, 2010, 10:45:31 AM
U.S. 22 in Arkansas?

Wow, while we weren't looking AHTD extended US-22 from Cincinnati, OH down to Greenwood, AR!   :-D

xonhulu

Then it got extended further west to Stayton, OR:

shoptb1

Quote from: xonhulu on March 31, 2010, 07:33:48 PM
Then it got extended further west to Stayton, OR:

Newark, NJ to Cincinnati, OH to Greenwood, AR to Stayton, OR....that would be a rather interesting route.  LOL

mefailenglish

Visited Gettysburg National Battlefield Park this past weekend.  Most of the signs in the parking area were correct but more than one featured these shields:

Of course, they should be PA 97 and PA 134.

corco

Quote from: corco on February 09, 2010, 12:54:53 AM
I wasn't able to get a good picture because I didn't notice it, but I just caught a glimpse of it out of the margins of one of the pictures I took- here we have a circular highway shield on a stoplight street name panel designating WYO 220. Check out the upper right:

The google street view image is slightly better:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=casper+wy&sll=35.576917,-95.421753&sspn=1.796013,5.410767&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Casper,+Natrona,+Wyoming&ll=42.808426,-106.413713&spn=0.012657,0.042272&z=15&layer=c&cbll=42.808406,-106.413846&panoid=fa7X2VFzP4H6a3rl5l0DkA&cbp=12,153.28,,0,-9.98

I got back up and got a picture of it- the only circle/oval sign I know of in Wyoming

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.