News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

The 100 Questions Game for Roadgeeks

Started by Roadgeek Adam, August 19, 2009, 11:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeek Adam

Time to get the ball rolling

13) Prior to the construction of the Allegheny Reservoir, PA 46 reached the NY state line and NY 280 ended at the now-underwater community of Quaker Bridge. How were these two routes connected?

The answer is via current Allegany State Park Route 1 to the state line, where it would continue as PA 46.

14) Prior to the second use of U.S. Route 466, where was the original US 466?

From Los Lunas to Socorro, NM.

15) Which of the following roads in Boca Raton and Delray Beach, Florida is not a current state route? The answer is also a former state road, for a bonus 1 point, give its designation.
a) Linton Boulevard (CR 782, former SR 782)
     b) Glades Road
     c) Atlantic Avenue
     d) Yamato Road

There were two repliers, but neither gave all 3 answers.

Scores:

1) Jdb1234 - 4 points (first person who got two of the 3 correct)
2) Bickendan - 1 point (got 1 of the 3)

=====================================================

QUESTIONS 16 - 17

16) What is the reference route to be eliminated upon the completion of Interstate 781 (the Fort Drum Connector) in Watertown in 2010?

17) What non-county (Former county until 2001) road system in Ontario is numbered after a large city? (I mean City not County)

You have 72 hours to reply. GL!
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

agentsteel53

Quote from: Roadgeek_Adam on November 30, 2009, 07:43:57 PM

17) What non-county (Former county until 2001) road system in Ontario is numbered after a large city? (I mean City not County)

did you take this question, translate it into Japanese, and then back into English?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss

Roadgeek Adam

Not supposed to post here. You are supposed to PM me
Adam Seth Moss

algorerhythms

Quote17) What non-county (Former county until 2001) road system in Ontario is numbered after a large city? (I mean City not County)

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Roadgeek Adam

ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS 16 & 17

16) What is the reference route to be eliminated upon the completion of Interstate 781 (the Fort Drum Connector) in Watertown in 2010?

The answer is NY 971Q, North Mountain Drive, which already does some of 781's job.

The answer, which Wytout got correctly, was Kawartha Lakes, Ontario, changed from Victoria County ON in 2001.
Scores:

1) Jdb1234 - 4 points
2) Bickendan - 1 point
3) Wytout - 1 point

=====================================================

QUESTIONS 18 - 19

18) This state highway in California is signed as the shortest state highway in the state, but is legislatively not. What state route is signed this way and what does the designation serve?

19) As a backup to the 18th question. How many state highways and what state highways are shorter than the aforementioned roadway?

You have 72 hours to reply. GL!
Adam Seth Moss

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.