News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

AASHTO Guidelines for US Routes

Started by Rover_0, October 27, 2009, 01:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rover_0

I've been wondering, what are the AASHTO guidelines for an acceptable US Route creation and/or extension.  Things like curvature, traffic count, (not length, we know it's 300 miles), and so on.  I don't think it's ever been spelled out clearly before, but I may be wrong.
Fixing erroneous shields, one at a time...

Scott5114

I have heard the geometry standards are the same for U.S. routes as they are for business interstates.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

froggie

Here's AASHTO's policies on US route numbering.  Regarding geometric standards, if you look at Policy #14 on page 5, it states this:

No route should be considered for inclusion in the U.S. numbered system that does not substantially meet the current AASHTO design standards.

Avalanchez71

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Rothman

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 22, 2021, 03:02:57 PM
Quote from: Avalanchez71 on January 21, 2021, 07:46:59 AM
Have the guideline been updated?

An eleven-year bump?? Come on, man.
I don't see the problem.  Legit question in a related thread.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.