News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Who misses the old McDonalds?

Started by roadman65, March 02, 2024, 01:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: kphoger on April 05, 2024, 04:05:34 PM
Quote from: tchafe1978 on March 30, 2024, 12:19:43 AMI don't hardly go to McDonald's much anymore. But I do miss the swivel chairs they used to have.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  Me?  I do hardly go to McDonald's much anymore.

What are your thoughts on the swivel chairs?
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

bing101

Quote from: wanderer2575 on March 05, 2024, 09:19:16 PM

Wow I first seen the current McDonald's look in the Philippines in 2018-2019 time-frame when I was in the Manila area to visit family there. Had no idea that look would go to the United States later that year. The old McDonald's look went away as soon as COVID-19 hit the United States.

Road Hog

The new-build McD's look like banks, which I'm sure they hope to sell to as branch locations as soon as the building value exceeds the burger profit.

Scott5114

Quote from: Road Hog on May 05, 2024, 12:55:57 AMThe new-build McD's look like banks, which I'm sure they hope to sell to as branch locations as soon as the building value exceeds the burger profit.

In Norman, OK there is a credit union that's in a remodeled Church's Chicken location.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

GaryV

Quote from: Road Hog on May 05, 2024, 12:55:57 AMThe new-build McD's look like banks, which I'm sure they hope to sell to as branch locations as soon as the building value exceeds the burger profit.

Around here it seems like they are closing bank branches, not opening new ones.

GCrites

The big banks close branches while the little banks open more. At least around here.

SP Cook

- I don't care about the changing architecture of McDonald's.  In fact it seems that part of the business plan is to tear down the old and build a new one on the same pad.  Which seems like a great way to keep everything uniform and up to date. 

- I do miss McDonald's simple menu.  McDonald's is trying to be everything for everyone.  Their venture into the Starbuck's "coffee for people that don't like coffee" model clogs the place up during breakfast hours. 

- McDonald's lost a lot of its charm when it stopped openly marketing towards children.  Sadly, a common theme of big business in recent years.  When criticized for stuff like this (marketing practices, nutrition, environment, how some supplier treats people in the 3rd world, etc.) rather than understanding who their customer base is and that these self-appointed self-important people are not a part of it, and thus responding with f*** right off, OK? they respond with, at least half-measures and such.  There was nothing wrong with a place where kids could be kids and believe in the fairy tale world of childhood.

- Big banks seem to be closing around here, and smaller banks seem to be expanding.  Really, how many times do you need to actually go into a bank?  I just use the ATMs.  As long as they have plenty of those, who cares?

-

GCrites

Small businesses still need to go to a physical branch so the lack of branches in a particular area might indicate a lack of small business activity rather than changes in consumer needs. Larger businesses user armored cars for that so if your immediate area (like mine) is one that makes you go to the supermarket or Wal-Mart to buy anything the branches still close.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.