Possible 2014 Hastings (MN) Roads meet

Started by Molandfreak, August 20, 2013, 01:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The High Plains Traveler

I am probably coming up there for a wedding in June, but would give it strong consideration at other times.
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

Brandon

Quote from: The High Plains Traveler on November 20, 2013, 03:00:23 PM
I am probably coming up there for a wedding in June, but would give it strong consideration at other times.

June would be a great time.  Then you have in order, as far as I have seen,

March - St Louis (MO/IL)
April - Nashville (TN)
May - Starved Rock (IL)
June - Minnesota

if these were to go in that order.  The first three are set as far as I know.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

I94RoadRunner

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on November 20, 2013, 12:56:16 PM
Quote from: I94RoadRunner on November 18, 2013, 06:49:33 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on September 08, 2013, 06:36:56 PM
I hope this meet is able to happen next year. The best thing is to announce it a few months in advance to give people plenty of time to arrange their schedules for it and be able to attend. :D

I may try setting up something for early in the Spring. It would have to be before mid May, after that the two baseball teams I play on take up my time in the summer months!

I guess we are talking about two separate Minnesota road meets? Molandfreak was talking about hosting one in July. Which part of Minnesota are you thinking about hosting yours in?

I am thinking maybe a Stillwater Bridge meet should there be significant progress on the project. This is definitely a project of significance for sure .....
Chris Kalina

“The easiest solution to fixing the I-238 problem is to redefine I-580 as I-38

TheHighwayMan3561

Not to usurp your thread but since we're on the topic of MN...would anyone be interested in a MN road meet, probably in May or June 2014?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 21, 2013, 12:14:22 AM
Not to usurp your thread but since we're on the topic of MN...would anyone be interested in a MN road meet, probably in May or June 2014?

Now we're talking about a third Minnesota road meet in 2014? Wow! I want to go to one of them!!!
-A.J. from Michigan

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on November 21, 2013, 12:23:58 AM
Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on November 21, 2013, 12:14:22 AM

Now we're talking about a third Minnesota road meet in 2014? Wow! I want to go to one of them!!!

Shoot, I specifically meant Duluth. My bad. :D

Anyway in regards to Hastings, I would totally love to come and would probably be able to. Forgot to add that too.

froggie

Don't think we're looking at three.  Stillwater and Hastings could easily be done in a single meet.

codyg1985

I would be interested in going since I've never been to Minnesota.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

hbelkins

I've only been to Minnesota once, and would love to go to a meet there as well, but as I've stated before, finances are going to preclude a lot of meets and travel for me next year.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vdeane

Quote from: Brandon on November 20, 2013, 05:19:17 PM
Quote from: The High Plains Traveler on November 20, 2013, 03:00:23 PM

June would be a great time.  Then you have in order, as far as I have seen,

March - St Louis (MO/IL)
April - Nashville (TN)
May - Starved Rock (IL)
June - Minnesota

if these were to go in that order.  The first three are set as far as I know.
I would like to host Corning/Elmira in April/May, but my unemployed status is making that iffy at best right now.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

on_wisconsin

Quote from: froggie on November 21, 2013, 05:35:56 AM
Stillwater and Hastings could easily be done in a single meet.
This. I would also add that any meet specifically focused on the Stillwater project should probably wait until spring 2015 when construction on the bridge superstructure will be in full swing.
"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

I94RoadRunner

Quote from: on_wisconsin on December 08, 2013, 01:32:53 AM
This. I would also add that any meet specifically focused on the Stillwater project should probably wait until spring 2015 when construction on the bridge superstructure will be in full swing.

Well, that was sort of the point of my idea for a meet ..... Maybe the earlier road meet is the best for everyone .....?
Chris Kalina

“The easiest solution to fixing the I-238 problem is to redefine I-580 as I-38

codyg1985

Has a hard date been set yet for this meet, or for planning purposes are we still talking late July 2014?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: I94RoadRunner on December 08, 2013, 03:40:24 AM
Quote from: on_wisconsin on December 08, 2013, 01:32:53 AM

Well, that was sort of the point of my idea for a meet ..... Maybe the earlier road meet is the best for everyone .....?

I'm in for whenever it is. :)

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on January 02, 2014, 05:54:29 PM
I'm in for whenever it is. :)

Me too. I'm especially hoping it doesn't conflict with the NYC meet Steve Alpert is planning on doing sometime in the summer.
-A.J. from Michigan

on_wisconsin

"Speed does not kill, suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you" - Jeremy Clarkson

A.J. Bertin

I would love to see this happen, but with all the other meets I've committed to attending, I don't see myself being able to attend this unless it's at least a few months from now. I've been wondering if a Minnesota road meet is just never going to come to fruition. :(
-A.J. from Michigan

Molandfreak

Sorry guys, I've had a lot on my mind lately. Maybe next year.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Molandfreak on June 02, 2014, 02:38:18 PM
Sorry guys, I've had a lot on my mind lately. Maybe next year.

It's cool. Things happen. Just keep in mind that, if you do decide to host it next year, you'll want to pick a date and announce it a few months in advance so people can plan accordingly. I would definitely go!
-A.J. from Michigan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.