News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Oologah roadmeet

Started by bugo, May 08, 2014, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

There are some preliminary rumblings about a roadmeet in Oologah, Oklahoma sometime in late September or October.  Oologah is a small town about 30 miles north of Tulsa on US 169.  There are plenty of things to see in that area like old US 169 (which contains several trusses) and old US 75 to the west.  The Jenks bridge would also be on the itinerary.  The Jenks bridge is a 19 span pony truss bridge across the Arkansas River in Tulsa. 

What weekend works for you?  I don't want it to be too early in the year because of the Oklahoma heat.  If the weather conditions are right, we could potentially turn it into a stormchase.

US71

Quote from: bugo on May 08, 2014, 01:18:48 AM
There are some preliminary rumblings about a roadmeet in Oologah, Oklahoma sometime in late September or October.  Oologah is a small town about 30 miles north of Tulsa on US 169.  There are plenty of things to see in that area like old US 169 (which contains several trusses) and old US 75 to the west.  The Jenks bridge would also be on the itinerary.  The Jenks bridge is a 19 span pony truss bridge across the Arkansas River in Tulsa. 

What weekend works for you?  I don't want it to be too early in the year because of the Oklahoma heat.  If the weather conditions are right, we could potentially turn it into a stormchase.

Late Sepember, most likely. Too far in advance to know for sure.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jpi

I plan to be in Pennsylvania around the 3rd weekend in September, very remote chance I may be going to the Chicago area for a concert the first weekend in October, early September I am fairly wide open, would like to go to this since I don't get out to OK very often (only 3 times my whole life and that was since 09) Will have to wait and see.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

corco

I was hoping there would be another meet in the western extremes of roadmeet territory in the fall, and this is that- a meet I can make with only two days off work, so I should be there unless life changes a lot between now and then. My preference is in that magic window where the roads will still be good in Montana, but its not bloody hot down there.

getemngo

Hmm... I have a stormchaser friend who may be interested, even though he's not a roadgeek.  :hmmm:

It's way too early to tell, but I'm not aware of any weekends I'm unavailable. If I could find a carpooling buddy, I'd consider it.

Quote from: corco on May 08, 2014, 06:18:36 PM
I was hoping there would be another meet in the western extremes of roadmeet territory in the fall,

Once upon a time, there were meets in California and in Colorado. Wish that still happened, if only for folks like you.
~ Sam from Michigan

hbelkins

I would love to go back to Oklahoma, since I've only been there twice. Would depend on timing and finances.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

bandit957

For me, this is most likely a bridge too far.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

SSOWorld

Going to be out of road meets for the year
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

codyg1985

I haven't been to the area since 2010, so I would be up for going out that way again. October is up in the air for me, so it depends on what date it falls on.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

bugo

Cody: I'll try to plan the meet to accomodate your schedule because I'd like for you to be there, representing the south.

jpi

Well, if I can make it I would represent the mid south ;-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

codyg1985

Quote from: codyg1985 on May 28, 2014, 06:46:14 AM
I haven't been to the area since 2010, so I would be up for going out that way again. October is up in the air for me, so it depends on what date it falls on.

Well, count me flattered.

Early October would probably work best for me at this point.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

brianreynolds

I would attend if I could, but for that distance I would need to have multiple purposes for the trip.

Duke87

Indeed, I would love to go to a meet west of the Mississippi sometime, but this year is not the year.

Also, I refuse to cheat by flying out there instead of driving.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Scott5114

I might be able to make it. Fortunately I'm not on grave anymore,  so I shouldn't fall asleep midway through like at your Tulsa meet...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

bugo

I'm reviving this thread to get some feedback on having a meet in Oologah (Tulsa) sometime this fall, perhaps in October when it's cooled down. Don't want to have it too early because of the heat. What days work best for you?

corco

Columbus Day weekend-ish would be my preference.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.