News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2015 Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Road Meet - March 2015

Started by Roadgeek Adam, December 28, 2014, 01:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laura

Mike and I are now unable to attend the meet. My father's cousin has retired from the Army and is moving with his wife back to the motherland (Italy!) so there is going to be a huge going away party for them that day.

vdeane

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on March 04, 2015, 09:59:26 PM
Quote from: vdeane on March 04, 2015, 02:10:12 PM
Any significant changes I should be aware of when planning my route to/from the meet?

Nope. Route's still the same. I added turn-by-turn directions and cleaned up some things. However, if you want to clinch the Central Scranton, do it before or after the meet because we will not be on it, just above it and around it.
My current route on the way down is to take I-88 (swinging by the area I had my internship on the way) and I-81, as well as filling in a bit of US 11 near the diner that may or may not be on the tour.  Returning home, I plan to head up the Turnpike to Krispy Kreme near exit 131, head down US 11 to the Central Scranton, then take I-84 and the Thruway back.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

dlainhart

I'm looking forward to attending this weekend. Adam, do you have the full itinerary available?

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Roadgeek Adam

The meet was for the most part a great success. We had 19 guests, some of which are not in the group photo below. Clearly the parking was a nightmare for a diner, because we became a game of valet roadgeeks.

The group photo, taken at the Clarks Summit Viaduct for the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 476).

Kneeling: Adam Moss (NJ) with his 1960s PennDOT road sign (now un-affectionately known as Adam's Wood).

Front row: Cody Goodman (AL), Daniel Greenstein (MD), Anthony Costanzo (NY)

Second row: Rob Sargent (NJ/MD/WV - you choose), Mike Tantillo (DC), William Roll (PA), A.J. Bertin (MI), Valerie Deane (NY), Chris Commans (PA), David Golub (NY)

Back row: Michael Temme-Soifer (NJ), Dylan Lainhart (NY), Keith Thomas (NJ), Dan Murphy & Dan Murphy's Vest (NY), Mark Sinsabaugh (NY), C.P. Zillacus (MD).

Not photographed: Doug Kerr (NY), Steve Alpert (and girlfriend) (NJ).
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.