News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Crazy things you've found in Google StreetView

Started by rickmastfan67, April 07, 2010, 03:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Wasn't there a controversy recently where street view showed a body at a murder scene?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Zeffy

Found this...thing on Google Streetview in Camden, NJ.

(If there was another thread for this, which I believe there was, please merge my post into that one. Thanks!)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

NE2

Probably a leaf on the windshield camera lens.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Zeffy

Quote from: NE2 on January 04, 2014, 11:44:43 PM
Probably a leaf on the windshield.

Didn't think about that. It happens when you move north once as well, but then is gone after that.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

yakra

"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

ilvny

Quote from: Zeffy on January 04, 2014, 02:27:21 PM
Found this...thing on Google Streetview in Camden, NJ.

(If there was another thread for this, which I believe there was, please merge my post into that one. Thanks!)

That definitely looks like a leaf.  The leaf looks huge!

pghgal_90

The craziest thing that I didn't find was myself. A friend of mine was looking for a mutual friend of ours' house address, and this friend happens to live on my same street. She used Street View to look for the other friend's house since she would recognize the house from a distinctive door, but went in the opposite direction toward where I live, and found me instead. My 10th grade self is immortalized on Google Maps forever, walking home from the bus stop with my backpack on and carrying my lunchbox.

I graduated high school in 2008 and I'm still there.  :-|

jeffandnicole

I've seen spraypainted stuff on roadways before, but not across 3 lanes (plus a decel lane) on an interstate highway.

http://goo.gl/maps/Mczt9

(My guess: Rutgers University, Class of 2011...spraypainted near an exit for rival College of New Jersey)

Brandon

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Mr. Matté

Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 11, 2014, 02:24:11 PM
I've seen spraypainted stuff on roadways before, but not across 3 lanes (plus a decel lane) on an interstate highway.

http://goo.gl/maps/Mczt9

(My guess: Rutgers University, Class of 2011...spraypainted near an exit for rival College of New Jersey)

Or it could be Rider University as it's only a block south of here on 206.

SignGeek101

Reviving... because

http://goo.gl/maps/fMDGm

Didn't expect that. Not really crazy, but still very cool.

roadman65

Go to US 1 & 9 in Rahway, NJ and you will find that at the CR 514 partial interchange that the image goes from post construction to during construction and back to post construction of that interchange that was built in the mid to late 2000's as you move along SB US 1 & 9.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

kkt

Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 02, 2015, 12:11:44 PM
Here's something pretty interesting, just browse around the area on street view for a while:
http://www.instantstreetview.com/2d4m5iz1r8wvuz1pkzmxz5p

Okay, I give up.  What's so crazy there?

freebrickproductions

Quote from: kkt on February 02, 2015, 01:09:05 PM
Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 02, 2015, 12:11:44 PM
Here's something pretty interesting, just browse around the area on street view for a while:
http://www.instantstreetview.com/2d4m5iz1r8wvuz1pkzmxz5p

Okay, I give up.  What's so crazy there?

Mostly the fact that it's where a tsunami hit. It's just surreal, especially the mostly abandoned city nearby.

(They/Them)

NE2

formulanone

freebrickproductions

Quote from: NE2 on February 02, 2015, 02:30:04 PM
A tsunami hit Huntsville, Alabama?
It's a mostly deserted place in Japan. Because of that earthquake and tsunami a couple of years back.

(They/Them)

NE2

freebrickproductions

Quote from: NE2 on February 02, 2015, 07:38:32 PM
Try clicking your link, thick.
Oh God. I though I had posted the correct link. Fixed it though!

(They/Them)

J Route Z

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 20, 2013, 12:45:21 PM
Quote from: BamaZeus on December 20, 2013, 12:35:05 PM
It's gone now, but the all-time greatest one was the one with the two guys swordfighting in Pittsburgh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2000873/Google-Street-View-spots-Samurai-warriors-duelling-Pittsburgh.html

If you put it in the right spot, you can still see those guys:

http://goo.gl/maps/Gui45

Somewhere there was an image of a guy taking a dump in an outhouse with the door open, I think somewhere in Australia on a very hot day. I do not remember where I saw that image.

Click the arrow to the right, and the buildings demolish those two guys! (Images updated in 2014)

kkt

Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 02, 2015, 07:43:12 PM
Quote from: NE2 on February 02, 2015, 07:38:32 PM
Try clicking your link, thick.
Oh God. I though I had posted the correct link. Fixed it though!

That's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.